Michigan State/Silver Proof Tru-Quarter™ pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from seamus7227

seamus7227

***ON THE BENCH™***
Michigan Silver Proof Tru-Quarter™
..... over white fiber, with the Michigan State Spartan logo. Rollerball pen commission using the Jr Aaron platform. Hope you all enjoy!
5b39e777c9f0e0f2e8e94bb227453b28.jpg
7c824e538aaa0f3441fa5dc66fd48428.jpg
d0bffb3f03553b85d16cea766a968939.jpg
15393a94902744b5dca95eccd85c3bed.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Another Masterful Pen Seamus.
Fantastic White Braided Blank.
Superbly Cast and Adorned with the Spectacular "Sawn" Michigan State Silver Proof Tru-Quarter.
Together with the Beautiful Spartan Logo on the Cap, of the Complimenting Jnr. Aaron Hardware.
Incredible All Round Fit and Finish.

With the Obverse of the Silver Quarter, you have Completely "Thrown" me.
It appears that you have completely profiled all the necessary Graphic Engraved Elements of the Quarter, attached a Clear Backing to the Serrated Band, and Re-assembled all the Individual Components to their Original Position on the Clear Backing.
I don't know if I am correct, but Regardless "What an Incredible" Piece of Art.
I wouldn't like to guess "How Many Hours" you have invested in that Coin, or just how you could Maintain your Concentration for the period, let alone bear the Strain on your Eye's and Limbs.

I have been Privileged over the Years to see quite a few of your Creations. Now believe that you have Elevated Your Achievements, to yet a Greater Plateau.

Absolutely, Outstanding Craftsmanship.
Brian.

Last edited:

wizard

Outstanding!!!

Oh my gosh!! Seamus, you never cease to amaze me. That pen is beautiful.
The choice of fiber color, platform or components is outstanding.
What absolutely floors me is the scroll saw work. It is unreal. You have definitely reached a level of skill placing you in league of your own as a master pen maker.
Kind Regards,
Doc:)

seamus7227

Another Masterful Pen Seamus.
Fantastic White Braided Blank.
Superbly Cast and Adorned with the Spectacular "Sawn" Michigan State Silver Proof Tru-Quarter.
Together with the Beautiful Spartan Logo on the Cap, of the Complimenting Jnr. Aaron Hardware.
Incredible All Round Fit and Finish.

With the Obverse of the Silver Quarter, you have Completely "Thrown" me.
It appears that you have completely profiled all the necessary Graphic Engraved Elements of the Quarter, attached a Clear Backing to the Serrated Band, and Re-assembled all the Individual Components to their Original Position on the Clear Backing.
I don't know if I am correct, but Regardless "What an Incredible" Piece of Art.
I wouldn't like to guess "How Many Hours" you have invested in that Coin, or just how you could Maintain your Concentration for the period, let alone bear the Strain on your Eye's and Limbs.

I have been Privileged over the Years to see quite a few of your Creations. Now believe that you have Elevated Your Achievements, to yet a Greater Plateau.

Absolutely, Outstanding Craftsmanship.
Brian.
Thank you so much Brian! The way I cut out this quarter compared to old is far more intricate. You know me, I'm never Happy with the bare minimum so I always attempt to take my cuts to the next level if possible. Plus, the silver proof coin makes it look much more attractive! It does take a little bit more time, but the end result is worth it

Sent from my Samsung Note 4 using Tapatalk

BeeAMaker

WTF!?!?!

Another great idea stolen from me! LOL

I have been wanting to do something similar for a while now - just NO TIME!!!

GREAT JOB!!! holy crap - that is AWESOME!

seamus7227

Oh my gosh!! Seamus, you never cease to amaze me. That pen is beautiful.
The choice of fiber color, platform or components is outstanding.
What absolutely floors me is the scroll saw work. It is unreal. You have definitely reached a level of skill placing you in league of your own as a master pen maker.
Kind Regards,
Doc[emoji2]
Thank you Shreenath! Its an honor to receive such an amazing compliment from you!

keithncsu

ok I'm done. All my stuff is for sale...I can no longer call myself a pen maker if that kind of quality is out there! HAHA! One of the best pens I've seen on this entire site.

seamus7227

Even more intricate cutting than your first Michigan proof almost 6 years ago! You're not rusty, you're getting better.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f45/tru-silver%99-proof-michigan-quarter-84750/

Man, talk about a throw-back. I didnt realize that post was from 2011:eek: My techniques have sure improved since that pic. Now its time to venture away from the "kits" and start designing the entire pen from scratch! its in the works for sure!

thank you again for you compliments Chris!

seamus7227

ok I'm done. All my stuff is for sale...I can no longer call myself a pen maker if that kind of quality is out there! HAHA! One of the best pens I've seen on this entire site.

hahahahaha, thats funny:biggrin: Dont sell it, just keep having fun!

Great to see you posting these again, and with even more detail! Wow! Inspiring work, thanks for sharing.

Thank you kindly. Its handy being able to use the "tapatalk app" to post now. I find my time at my day job very time consuming and have less time now than i did in the past.

seamus7227

I was wondering how you cut it out. Seriously? Done by hand with a scroll saw?? I thought for sure you had to have a laser or some fancy tool for that type of precision!
I use a Dremel scroll saw on full speed with a foot pedal.! I would love to have a laser do all of that work for me, would sure make the Mass production side of things easier!

Top Bottom