michigan state colors

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Glenn McCullough

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to take this photo quickly before delivering the pen and then the batteries needed a recharge, so this is the only photo I could get. By request, and I dont know why anyone would pay for it, a Michigan State color combo. Jr. Gent rhodium bp in flecked celluloid and corian.

2006101812625_jr%20g%20bp%20acrylic.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

There's something strange about it I cant put my finger on. I think the clip ending on the white makes the clip look like it's floating. Also, there's 3 different thicknesses of celluloid which looks almost like you didn’t plan on the sizes. Just what I get looking at it.

Was the corian one thick piece or did you have to glue it up?

Y'know, I tried the top green and the bottom white, so the clip would contrast the green. It looked too plain and the cap had all the interest so I traded a bit of each color thinking the two bands on the body would give it balance or interest. You may have a point about the different size bands, but the customer really liked it, and paid me.
Thanks for the critique, I really appreciate it.

Glenn

Originally posted by Skye
<br />There's something strange about it I cant put my finger on. I think the clip ending on the white makes the clip look like it's floating. Also, there's 3 different thicknesses of celluloid which looks almost like you didn’t plan on the sizes. Just what I get looking at it.

Was the corian one thick piece or did you have to glue it up?

johncrane

G'Day Glenn lam not sure about the colours thicknesses mate! it looks a bit outta balance but thats just me mate! other than that' it all good! and if your customer likes it' its good allround. [:D]

Skye

Originally posted by oobak
You may have a point about the different size bands, but the customer really liked it, and paid me.

And that's the bottom line. I'm going to make a post later about this same thing. To us, what looks good is almost inconsequential, bottom line is the customer wants what the customer wants.

alamocdc

I also recently had a request for MSU colors. Like others have said, as long as the customer is happy that's all that matters. What's even harder is making all the requests I get for Ohio State colors... but I like the money. [;)]

GO BLUE!!!! BTW, that gets me in trouble around here, but I still wear my Michigan jacket proudly! [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom