Michaels Celtic Inspiration

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from joefyffe

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Mike has a way of inspiring (co-ersing) me to "self teach". Of course, he's always there to answer the meriad of questions. :confused: He does keep the carrott out in front. Thanks Mike!!!

Attachments

• Michaels' Celtic Inspiration.jpg
    Michaels' Celtic Inspiration.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 452
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mr

Dad it looks real good. I know what you went through to get there. Now you got another one crossed off your list, what is next? :eek::biggrin: Maybe a little kitless fun? :rolleyes:

IPD_Mrs

I think Mike needs to start charging you for your tutorials. AND then I think you need to pay attention to what he says.... what do you need the mandrels for if you are talking "KITLESS" like he said? :wink:

Ok you know I am teasing you Dad - the pen is very nice - Knot looks really good and you really did SELF-TEACH with only a minor :confused:. I'm super proud :biggrin:.

Lynn

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Kitless

He was talking "kitless" not "whittle"! :) Anyway, I'm glad you liked! :) ' Luv Ya!:wink:

I think Mike needs to start charging you for your tutorials. AND then I think you need to pay attention to what he says.... what do you need the mandrels for if you are talking "KITLESS" like he said? :wink:

Ok you know I am teasing you Dad - the pen is very nice - Knot looks really good and you really did SELF-TEACH with only a minor :confused:. I'm super proud :biggrin:.

Lynn

wizard

Beautiful pen!....it's nice to have family interested in the same hobbies that you enjoy...a treasure. Thanks for sharing! Regards, Doc

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Wow !! Mike is either a very good teacher or you're a very good listener!!:eek: Most people struggle to get a 4 sided knot looking good and here you and Mike make 6 sided ones look like child's play!!:)

Now....if we could all just get our kids to listen to us like we listen to them, then we'd have peace in the land:biggrin:

Besides being perfectly done, I really like the colour como in that inlay material

OKLAHOMAN

Joe, Mike has taught you well, in the words of a good friend NPGJ.:rolleyes:....Now I'll need to watch out for lightning. Some will know what I mean.

65GTMustang

Your knot rocks!
I wish I could do stuff like that.
I'm still trying to figure out how to make your own closed end mandrels from the recent posting....I have to see things done in order to do it myself :(
I loved your rebuttal about the mandrel an going kitless!
That was my morning laugh.... LOL
"Kittles & Whittle" I LOVE IT!!!!!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Joe, Mike has taught you well, in the words of a good friend NPGJ.:rolleyes:....Now I'll need to watch out for lightning. Some will know what I mean.

I don't know why, but this just reminded me of the very old joke of the two guys in a boat and fishing. One of them is swearing like mad each time he misses a bite...... 'Damn !!! I missed !!'.....the guy screams. His good buddy tells him to stop swearing or he'll get struck by lightning.
Couple misses later, there's this almighty flash and bang and the good guy gets fried.
Then you hear this deep voice from above....
'Damn!!! I missed!!!:eek:

Last edited:

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
THANKS ALL ! IMAGES I ASSOCIATE, HAVING SEEN FROM SOME OF THE NAMES WHO WERE SO KIND AS TO OFFER THE COMMENTS ON THIS PEN, CAUSE ME TO FEEL TRULY HONORED!!!!! THANKS AGAIN FOR THE POSITIVE ENCOURAGEMENT. AND, MIKE, THANKS AGAIN TO YOU!!!!!

Last edited:

islandturner

Hi Joe,

This is very cool -- very nicely done...!

Is the lighter material antler? And looking at the darker wood slices, there is a thin layer of bright metal on each side. There is a bit of color between the metal and antler -- is that another layer of something, or the glue? Whatever, it looks really good.

Congrats on a very desirable pen...!

Cheers
steve

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Steve: African Blackwood, red construction paper, and sheet brass. Thanks for the positive compliments.
Hi Joe,

This is very cool -- very nicely done...!

Is the lighter material antler? And looking at the darker wood slices, there is a thin layer of bright metal on each side. There is a bit of color between the metal and antler -- is that another layer of something, or the glue? Whatever, it looks really good.

Congrats on a very desirable pen...!

Cheers
steve

IPD_Mrs

You have any hair left Roy???????????????? :eek:

Remind me to explain this to you Dad. As you can see you have outdone yourself. You are getting a lot of positive feedback. I told ya it was great :)

IPD_Mrs

He was talking "kitless" not "whittle"! :) Anyway, I'm glad you liked! :) ' Luv Ya!:wink:

Lynn
Tsk Tsk, I said nothing about whittling and he said nothing about mandrels - have ya had your hearing checked lately?????????????
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

drgoretex

WOW! That is a gorgeous celtic knot! I love the multiple layers you used in the inlay - beautifully executed!

Ken

Top Bottom