Mi first feather casting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ulises Victoria

Hello all. I made a feather casting and made a pen with it. It has some flaws I know, especially at the ends, but hey! not bad for a first attempt, is it? :)

Any suggestions about how to make them better are welcome.

Please no comments on the photos quality. I know they are bad! :frown:

Attachments

• Pens 096.jpg
    Pens 096.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 422
  • Pens 099.jpg
    Pens 099.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 378
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

I can't show what my first attempt looked like, cause it went into the burn barrel.....yup, that bad!

This looks to be quite well done! Congrats!!!

Scott (glad someone can get them feathers to do what they tell 'em) B

Justturnin

What are the flaws on the ends? Chip out? If so I would sand it down a little more. Allow it to dry for a day and build back up w/ CA to fill those spots. Ohh and the feathers look great. Nice work on a first one. My first is still in the shop. I jacked it up on the casting process.

What are the flaws on the ends? Chip out? If so I would sand it down a little more. Allow it to dry for a day and build back up w/ CA to fill those spots. Ohh and the feathers look great. Nice work on a first one. My first is still in the shop. I jacked it up on the casting process.

There are (were) a few bubbles trapped within the feathers in the casting and a couple of feather hairs poked out. I fixed that by cutting a tenon on each end and adding two black acrylic rings. The flaws got minimized by about 95% with this fix, but there is still some minor things which are barely noticeable.
Thank you all for your comments! :biggrin:

KDM

Fabulous looking results...
Did you cast without a pressure pot? I'm busting to try this, but I don't want to run to teh expense of a pot.

Top Bottom