Mexican Agate Tru-Stone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from brownsfn2

brownsfn2

This is the Jr Gent I was having problems with. I was able to fis the problems. This is my best tru-stone so far. I really like the look of the Mexican Agate. (This is fun!)

(Sorry about image size. I could not figure out how to resize.)

pen53a.jpg

pen53b.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MarkD

Outstanding! The fit and finish looks awesome. Photography is great too!
Mexican Agate Tru-Stone has become one of my favorite blanks.

wiset1

:eek: That is CRAZY! I love the look of this material and you did and amazing job with it.

PenMan1

Great job!

Mexican Agate is one of my favorites! BUT, I obsess over the little white spots that are inevitable when turning this material. Being the obsessive/complusive personality that I am, I went to Sam's club and bought the BIG set of Sharpie markers. I actually enjoy taking the Sharpie marker and the CA accelerator to this blank at the end of turning.

I don't know WHY I can't just accept them. You make them beautiful!

brownsfn2

Wow. Thanks for all of the kind replies. This is the first Tru-Stone I have done where I was really happy with it. I am hoping someone else likes it too so I can pay for all the christmas present pens I made. :)

Thanks again. I had a bad night with a peice of buckeye burl and this cheered me right up. Have a great night!

Dave_M

Very nice. What color did you paint the tubes? Looks like you painted them dark. Really looks great with the black Ti kit.

brownsfn2

I painted the tubes with black model paint. This was the first time I painted the tubes myself. Usually I have bought white or nickel tubes in the past at Woodcraft.

Top Bottom