Mexican Agate

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from crabcreekind

crabcreekind

This is a rhodium jr gent 2. I put mexican agate on it that i picked up from exotics a while ago. It turned out awesome. I reverse painted it red.

Attachments

• 100_7026.jpg
    100_7026.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 258
  • 100_7023.jpg
    100_7023.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 207
  • 100_7024.jpg
    100_7024.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 182
  • 100_7025.jpg
    100_7025.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 183
  • 100_7027.jpg
    100_7027.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 142
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brownsfn2

Very nice. I don't think I have seen that effect yet with the red reverse painting. Really a great look. Good job!

BSea

Very nice pen. The fit & finish look perfect to me.

I thought that all tru-stone was opaque. Did it change the color any by reverse painting? I've only done a few tru-stone pens, and I didn't need to reverse paint them. But I'm certainly no expert on tru-stone, and based on the black one I did for my wife, don't intend to be.:rolleyes: The black is really hard.

crabcreekind

I thought that all tru-stone was opaque. Did it change the color any by reverse painting? I've only done a few tru-stone pens, and I didn't need to reverse paint them. But I'm certainly no expert on tru-stone, and based on the black one I did for my wife, don't intend to be.:rolleyes: The black is really hard.

This was pretty soft to turn. Little bit softer than an AA. The reverse paint made it a little more red. But it did cover up the brass. There is some spots that you can see the shimmer of the brass, must have been my faulty painting or something. But i want to try black reverse paint next time, and see if I get a awesome red and black contrast.

Jim Burr

Banned

This was pretty soft to turn. Little bit softer than an AA. The reverse paint made it a little more red. But it did cover up the brass. There is some spots that you can see the shimmer of the brass, must have been my faulty painting or something. But i want to try black reverse paint next time, and see if I get a awesome red and black contrast.

Ha!!! My black tubes are drying as we speak! Two more coats and it's good to go.

Jim Burr

Banned
Holy cow!!! James, by all means...black is the way to go for tubes!!! I had two blanks and forgot to paint the first set...Sorry Ed!! The second one I did right and it really shows!! Pic's tomorrow because it's a closed with a finial, my first. No more thread theft!:wink:

Top Bottom