Metro Fountain Pen with flame box elder

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mmyshrall

mmyshrall

While this is not my first pen (most seemed to have disappeared at Christmas without photographs for some reason or another :frown:), I decided to take advantage of warm enough weather to turn in the shop.

This is a flame box elder blank with a Metro kit and my first CA finish. I can see and feel some of the finish flaws but it was a great learning experience!

C&C welcomed.

Michael

Attachments

• FBE Metro FP1.jpg
    FBE Metro FP1.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 234
  • FBE Metro FP2.jpg
    FBE Metro FP2.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 201
  • FBE Metro FP3.jpg
    FBE Metro FP3.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 202
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Michael , I can't see much wrong with your Pen.
I don't know if it is the pen or the Photograph, that the Gloss looks a little subdue for CA. But that could be just the Photograph.
I think I would put it away in a drawer, and tie it with a piece of string to the desk. So that it won't disappear like the others.
Well done.
Brian.

mmyshrall

Thanks for the comments and compliments.

Michael , I can't see much wrong with your Pen.
I don't know if it is the pen or the Photograph, that the Gloss looks a little subdue for CA. But that could be just the Photograph.
I think I would put it away in a drawer, and tie it with a piece of string to the desk. So that it won't disappear like the others.
Well done.
Brian.

It is actually the photograph, Brian; in real life (Dennis can attest to it) it is much glossier than the photo would indicate. I need to work on my photo setup, but I was tired of not having a photo in due to lack of a "proper" setup.

Nice pen Michael CA looks fine on the picture. Nice timber never turned BE before

Thanks, Sean. Actually, the blank had more vibrant red streaks, but most of it was turned from the blank. What you see is a very pale remainder. :frown:

I am looking forward to doing a choke cherry blank next. The streaking is not a pronounced or deeply colored as it is in FBE, but the blank I have should leave quite a bit of color in the final result.

Michael

Top Bottom