• IMG_1328.JPG
    IMG_1328.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_1329.JPG
    IMG_1329.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 232
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fernhills

Hi, thanks for all the time you put into this, very informative. I have to re-visit those type of segments. You have inspired me. I have done a few using the swirl method, but never thought of using metal in between the segments. I was always after the contrasts of differing colored woods. Carl

mickr

beautiful pen..tried downloading your tutorial and could not achieve it..seemed to stick and stop downloading...hope I can get it later

wrench2008

Thanks

Thanks Dave....for the time and effort of doing this to give all of us some insight and a boost as to the procedure and tips. Thanks again.
Brian

Rangertrek

Great Job

Thanks for taking the time to put together the tutorial. You did a great job on it. You do a great job on your segmenting work, so thank for sharing your techniques with us. I plan on giving that a try after I get a few commission pens out of the shop.

fritz64

segmenting

thank you for the tutorial. i have a copy for the bench. i believe i will start with veneer and or plastic to get tne feel then metal.. thank you again. fritz64

Phunky_2003

Thanks for the tutorial. Very informative, I've been working on some designs for this for sometime now, just not set up for drilling exactly in the center of the blank, so havent turned any.

James

djwood1

Thanks for all the good comments, I was happy to do the tutorial and share with everyone.

John, not sure on the bandsaw. The blade is going to be much thicker so you would have to figure out the size of metal you would need and you wouldn't need the circle cutter. Just get the smallest blade you can get for your bandsaw and freehand cut your design out.

Thanks Dave, you are to be highly commended for the excellent tutoral and the resulting pens you have made. I have given segmented a try, but have not been successful. I certainly believe you have put me on the path of success. Thanks loads.

Jerry

Top Bottom