Metal Leaf Inlay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from broitblat

broitblat

This is a dyed Buckeye burl Elegant Beauty enlaid with metal leaf. I don't think the picture shows it well, but in person the inlay really pops out at you.

1_BEB_wMetal_Leaf.jpg

This might have worked even better on a darker colored blank, but I'm pretty happy with the way it came out. I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks.

-Barry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
It is a beautiful touch. But I myself would prefer the elegant simplicity of the buckeye burl without the bands. HOWEVER, I was "overruled" by some kids in the background that said, "Way cool!"

ldb2000

Those bands would look great on a Red heart or Bloodwood blank . I think here the grain just overpowers the bands and they don't stand out like they should .
Beautiful pen though .

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
You SHOULD be happy with it Barry . I think the burl is well suited with that kit . It makes a unique looking pen . Good work , and I don't mind the bands at all . With or without , it's still a nice pen . :biggrin:

akbar24601

I think it looks very nice as well. I think that the bands give it a nice touch. Did you use 2 different colors of metal leaf or is that just the pic?

broitblat

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I have no plans to shoot the messenger, but I may cast an aspersion or two... :)

I do appreciate the different perspectives. I actually went back on forth about doing this one on blackwood or this BEB. I plan to try this again on other woods, too.

Steve - The metal leaf was a mix of color so there are at least 2 different colors in there.

Top Bottom