Metal/custom Jr. Gent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from yorkie

yorkie

I had a guy make me a few Jr. Gents in all Platinum and married one of them to my first attempt at an M3 pen.

Really pleased with the result. Bloody expensive blank though.

Thoughts on pricing?

Attachments

• IMG_6529.jpg
    IMG_6529.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 394
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EarlD

I had a guy make me a few Jr. Gents in all Platinum and married one of them to my first attempt at an M3 pen.

Thoughts on pricing?

Looks great! Who's your "guy" or are you selling the all Platinum kits?
Earl

Texatdurango

Looks nice but I have to agree, these blanks are outrageous compared to similar blanks of truestone or nice acrylics.

Some turners even believe they are hard to turn because they are "metal". The ones I turned peeled off like resin, how did yours do?

broitblat

Great looking pen. I like the combination -- especially with the all platinum. As far as price, how do you put a price on your first born?

-Barry

OKLAHOMAN

Looks great, but if you were able to have someone make you custom fittings why not go for truly custom?

Texatdurango

Thoughts on pricing?

Steve, I'm confused. The pen looks identical to a Jr Gent kit from Craft Supply. Are you saying you had someone make all the identical parts from platinum or did they take the kit parts and have the original plating removed then platinum plated?

Give us some more details........ we wanna know.:)

Timebandit

Guys i think he is saying that he just took apart other Platinum Jr pens and combined all of the platinum pieces. IE: took the platinum finial and center band trim ring form a Blk Ti kit and combined it with the Platinum kit so that all of the pieces are platinum instead of a combo of platinum and Gold Ti like they usually are.

If i am wrong please disregard.

Justin

yorkie

I contacted a guy who was able to make these Jr. Gents all Platinum. I think he broke apart several kits to make them this way. It was originally for a client in Florida who wanted an all platinum pen and I had him make me three while he was at it. It was Hewunch in SC. he did an excellent job and price was fine. Not sure if it is something he plans on doing a lot but they are spectacular.

George-I found it easy to turn as resin. I had my chisel super sharp, knocked off the corners on the sander and it turned super easy.

Top Bottom