Metal & Clear acrylic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gawdelpus

gawdelpus

Passed Away May 11, 2015
In Memoriam
The first is a Flat top sierra gunmetal, polished 12mm tube cast in clear acrylic. The second is a sierra vista stainless braiding cast in clear acrylic, and another sierra vista ,12 mm aluminium tube knurled and painted black, then cast in clear acrylic ( I am going through a stage at the moment ) hehe
Cheers ~ John

castmetal.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gawdelpus

Passed Away May 11, 2015
In Memoriam
Hehe! sorry no carbon pens here :) the black one is knurled and painted aluminium cast like the others in clear acrylic ,then turned and polished the same as for any acrylic , Cheers ~ John

jusjoe

Braided Stainless, the car buff in me come out. That has to be the one that hits my heart. Thanks for the picture. Hopefully someday

gawdelpus

Passed Away May 11, 2015
In Memoriam
Thanks for all the kind comments my friends ! as a retired fitter and turner I still have a soft spot for metals ,hehe. These are probably inspired by the "Circuit" board pens originally ,the way they are made can be done by anybody though, with nothing too complex about them , the wire is cut over length on a suitable cutter ,dremal or as in my case the corner of a grinding wheel . The tubing I am using slides neatly onto a sierra tube ,I use some wooden dowells to plug the ends and a bit sticking out to allow for the frayed ends to be cut off after casting ,I simply cast without any pressure pot to keep it simple .When set cut off the excess on a mini bandsaw , a fine toothed hacksaw would do as well .trim up to the tube with a sanding disk ,then turn and polish as a normal acrylic . The results are well worth the extra effort ,as you turn these in the sunlight they flash like a faceted stone as a bonus hehe. Cheers ~ John

JohnU

Looks Great! you beat me to it! lol I just picked up a braided line at the farm supply store. Now I know it can be done. Beautiful work!

Top Bottom