Metal Clay embellishments

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

I have been playing with precious metal clay to embellish my pens. I use Torch fired PMC+ fine silver clay. This clay will be 99% fine silver after firing. Metal clay is used a lot in jewelry making. With the clay you shape it, dry, sand, fire and then polish. Most clays require a kiln to fire but some can be torch fired. I use a torch since I do not have a kiln. My metal clay work is still very crude and there are artists that are doing some incredible things with the clay. The clay will shrink and distort when fired so it is difficult to form to fit kit components. Here are my advanced kit and kitless entries that feature metal clay. The advanced kit entry was challenging in getting the accent rings properly sized. I am very proud that it placed in the contest. My kitless entry did not fare very well but I really like the pen.

IMG_1981.jpg

IMG_1982.jpg

IMG_1969.jpg

IMG_1972.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stuckinohio

I thought/think those were very nice. I personally haven't seen the silver clay stuff. I bet we will see more of it now that you've "put it out there"!

I missed how you affixed the roll stopper to the blank though. Glue?

Cwalker935

I thought/think those were very nice. I personally haven't seen the silver clay stuff. I bet we will see more of it now that you've "put it out there"!

I missed how you affixed the roll stopper to the blank though. Glue?

I have been using epoxy to glue the roll stoppers, I am a little worried about how well it will hold up.

Top Bottom