Mesquite "Worthless Wood" closed end retro

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MesquiteMan

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I thought I would go ahead and break in the new forum with a new pen pic! Here is a piece of mesquite that was made using my "Worthless Wood" casting process. The resin is Alumilite (or course!) and blue/green dye with silver metal powder and the finish is CA. Obviously the kit is a Jr. Retro with copper and is closed end. Comments, good or bad always appreciated!

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Attachments

• MesquiteWWClosed1.jpg
    MesquiteWWClosed1.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 431
  • MesquiteWWClosed2.jpg
    MesquiteWWClosed2.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redfishsc

Sweeeeeeeeet. The blue and the copper really look awesome together.

Hard to beat the wood selection as well. Very nice work, the shape fits the wood and kit nicely.

stevers

All comments have to be good, that is awesome Curtis. I love the sweeping lines from the cracks in the wood. I haven't tried Mesquite for a WW cast yet. That turned out very nice.;):D

Everything about this one is impressive. The blank came out great with the color choices you used. The copper in the hardware is really set off by the blue/green alumilite. Sort of what you'd get with a natural copper patina. As usual your photography skills show off your work extremely well. Great job Curtis.

bitshird

curtis, i like your style, i'll be so glad when my hand heals and i can play in the shop, i finally have some wood that is fairly worthless. that's a very nice combination of kit and wood and color

BigShed

That is a very good looking pen, like the way the shaps of the barrel and the cap repeat.

Certainly gives me some ideas as I have just obtained 2 closed end pen mandrels for the Baron and the Jr Gent.

Top Bottom