Mesquite Work Shop Pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ashaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashaw

PSI workshop pencil from some Mesquite from Dario. Thanks Dario turns like butter and the chips are great in the grill:D.

20058240225_Workshop%20Penci2l.jpg

Sanded to 400 grit with 2 coats of sanding sealer and 3 cost of Mylands FP.

Being using it now for 4 days. The only mistake I made was to put the tail nut upside down. Did not notice until 3 days latter[B)].

Thanks again Dario

Alan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wayneis

Nice job Alan but are you sure that there is a certain way for the top nut to be pressed on? I've made a few of the model that Craft Supply sells and and it doesn't matter on theres. Also it looks like you beveled the top of the blank so that you have a gap between the wood and the nut. If you are going to use it in the shop check out some of the harder leads. Levenger sells a good selection of lead for this pencil. I even bought some of their highlighter colors and made one for my Wife to use at work. I am also making a few for some Law students to use as high lighters.

Wayne

Rifleman1776

Nice looking. Every messy shop needs a classy pencil to dress things up. [:p] I recall discussions and cussins about a pencil kit that does not use tubes. Seems to me that would make a weak pencil, especially with the abuse of shop use. Does the PSI kit require tubes?

ashaw

Yes it does. In fact you need bottom tube since it is threaded to accept the nib.
I had been using it on my house remodel and drop it a couple of times from a ladder.
Nothing broken not even the lead.
Easy pencil to turn just read the instructions first. I was able to save it because at first I did not realize the tube was threaded.
-Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom