Mesquite Sampler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Texatdurango

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texatdurango

Well, I got my pressure pot all set up, grabbed some resin this weekend and went looking for some "worthless wood" to stabalize. I didn't find any that was worthless enough for putting in the pot but I did find a piece of knarled mesquite that had been in my cooking wood pile for years that looked like it might look decent, So.........

I decided to make a blank for each kit I currently have in abundance and here they are from left to right; Sierra, Jr Gentleman, Gentleman, Jr Gentleman ballpoint, Polaris and in front, the artist sketch pencil, all from CSUSA except the Sierra.

My "Mesquite Sampler"

20079605726_mesquite%20sampler.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

Originally posted by JayDevin
<br />Fine Pens there.....so can we all come root thru your cookin pile!?!?
Normally I would say fine, come ahead, all that's left is a bunch of old knarly stuff. But wait, that's the good stuff! [:)]

Texatdurango

Originally posted by rhahnfl
<br />Very nice!!! You'll have to post how you did the stabilization. That knot in the sketch pen looks formidable. Looks like you nailed it though!!!
I didn't stabalize any of these, they all came from one piece almost on the borderline of useable/worthless. I figured, why mess up a nice burly piece experimenting for the first time!

wood-of-1kind

Originally posted by Texatdurango
<br />
I didn't stabalize any of these, they all came from one piece almost on the borderline of useable/worthless. I figured, why mess up a nice burly piece experimenting for the first time!

Well, I got my pressure pot all set up, grabbed some resin this weekend and went looking for some "worthless wood" to stabalize.

George, so did you or didn't you stabilize this wood? Regardless of the actual answer, that mesquite looks great on all your pens.

-Peter-[:)]

Texatdurango

Originally posted by wood-of-1kind
<br />...Well, I got my pressure pot all set up, grabbed some resin this weekend and went looking for some "worthless wood" to stabalize.

George, so did you or didn't you stabilize this wood? Regardless of the actual answer, that mesquite looks great on all your pens.

-Peter-[:)]

Looks like I confused some folks by saying that I wanted to stabalize some wood this weekend.

"Well, I got my pressure pot all set up, grabbed some resin this weekend and went looking for some "worthless wood" to stabalize. I didn't find any that was worthless enough for putting in the pot <b>but</b> I did find a piece of knarled mesquite that had been in my cooking wood pile for years that looked like it might look decent, So......... "

The blanks in the above photo were not stabalized, sorry for not making that clear. I have never had anything in the pot yet but am looking forward to the day when I start playing with it.

George

Fred

To protect your "pot" when you do finally use it, may I recommend that you put all your items into a plastic bucket that is deep enough to 'catch' anything that may boil over and get on the inside of the pot. I use an empty 3.5 gallon ice cream bucket in mine and my pot looks almost like it did when I first bought it and started using it. The plastic bucket also has a handle that makes lifting things out a lot easier. [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom