Mesquite Burl Siblings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Seer

Seer

Made these 2 pens today they are from the same piece of Mesquite Burl I got from Mike that I made the cigar pen out of about a year ago and priced high so I thought it would not sell which it did. My friend who bought that pen passed away from throat cancer last weekend and his brother took immediate claim on the pen especially after I told him how much it meant to his brother. Well his best friend thought he was going to get that pen but understood why his brother kept it. My freinds ex wife wanted to buy a pen for the his friend so I thought I would use the same wood from the same slab and make 2 that she could pick from as it is his birthday soon and she wants to surprise him. Both are dressed in Black TI and 10 coats of CA, wet sanded then Plastx to finish them. I am happy with both and I think they came out good so tell me what you think if you want.
Jerry

Attachments

• IMG_6355.jpg
    IMG_6355.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_6351.jpg
    IMG_6351.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_6356.jpg
    IMG_6356.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_6352.jpg
    IMG_6352.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 135
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

renowb

Those are really nice! I like the cigar with the nice little grain circle.

Seer

The circle goes all the way through and is a mistletoe infection. Thanks for the comments guys I love turning this wood.
Cheers
Jerry

Seer

Well the wake was nice learned lots of things about my friend and literrally laughed my butt off.
His ex wife took both pens and thought the world of them and that I would go to that length to turn them from the same piece of wood so they had sentimental value. I love making people happy in times like this.

maxman400

Great Looking Pens, I like the eyes on the cigar and the sap wood on the sierra. Sorry for your loss of your friend.

Top Bottom