Mesquite Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Seer

Seer

Well awhile back I asked if anyone had any Mesquite Burl and Max had just cut down a tree with a bunch on it and was generous enough to send me some of which this is the third attempt, third times the charm the other 2 I blew out due to my impatience. This one I soaked with thin CA in the upper barrel while constantly turning it and the bottom was better. I put 10 coats of medium CA on it and buffed it and then chose a Black TI Cigar from Exotics for it. Imho this is one of the better jobs I have done lately, at least it is not that dang bowling ball material of which I am kind of tired of at the moment. Anyways comments are most welcome and y'all have a great day.
Jerry

Attachments

• Mesquite Burl Bl TI Cigar a.jpg
    Mesquite Burl Bl TI Cigar a.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 289
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Jerry, I am only able to make one bad comment on your pen. It ain't mine dog-gone-it! Other than that the finish is magnificent, the wood would be hard to beat, the componants work very well with the wood and the photo is excellent. The background offers some intrest without attracting attention away from the beautiful pen. What else can I say bad about your work? Guess that is it for now.:wink::):biggrin:
Charles

maxman400

Great Looking Pen Jerry, I like the way it transitions from light on the bottom to dark on the top, and the finish looks fantastic. I am glad that you got some good pieces out of it.

Top Bottom