mesquite burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from triw51

triw51

Mesquite burl is so beautiful and such difference from piece to piece and from one end of the burl to the other.
The first picture is a pen and pencil set where the burl shows mostly reds and browns.
The second is a Celtic pen with more swirls and lighter colors some yellows come through
The third one is another pen and pencil set you will notice the pencil blank is darker the pen although they come from that same blank.

C&C welcome I will need to invest in better photo equipment soon but saving for a new lathe first.

Attachments

• art8.jpg
    art8.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 278
  • art7.jpg
    art7.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 262
  • art9.jpg
    art9.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 254

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Beautiful Pens.
I have a lot of mesquite trees on the farm, but I haven't seen any burl yet. I'll have to look a little closer next time we're down there.

triw51

Beautiful Pens.
I have a lot of mesquite trees on the farm, but I haven't seen any burl yet. I'll have to look a little closer next time we're down there.

Ed I found some of those after a construction company piled up the mesquite that had been cleared then burned it. A few weeks later I dug through and found hunks of the unburned root burls. I also had a friend give me a mesquite root ball that was removed when he built a new shed.
Still have some of that left after two bowls.

Top Bottom