Mesquite and Black Poison wood American snap cap

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from vick

Status
Not open for further replies.

vick

This pen is Mesquite with Black Poison wood accent bands. The kit is some salvaged part from an America Snap cap pen that went bad previously. This was a true IPA created pen the Mesquite was purchased fom Dario by DubdrvrKev as a bowl blank. Kevin gave me the cut off corners from that as pen blanks. Comment and critiques are welcome.

2005749165_invclip4.jpg

20057491615_invclip5.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dubdrvrkev

Ahh, so now I see what you were up to the other night. Great stuff Mike! I like how the clip ring is hidden. Is the center of the cap mesquite also? It looks like you laid it in so you don't look at end grain, nice touch.

vick

Originally posted by swm6500
<br />Nice job Mike. I think it would look good in more contrasting colors.
I agree completely when I was selecting the wood they both looked darker when comparing them. My next one I have ready to try is curly maple with cocobolo accents.

vick

Originally posted by dubdrvrkev
<br />Ahh, so now I see what you were up to the other night. Great stuff Mike! I like how the clip ring is hidden. Is the center of the cap mesquite also? It looks like you laid it in so you don't look at end grain, nice touch.
Sorry Kevin forgot to answer your question. The center of the cap and the bottom of the body both were plugged with mesquite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom