Mesquite & Aluminum

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

alamocdc

Here is the other full size Statesman that should have been a Jr. This one is a fountain. Curly Mesquite, QS (not that it matters) White Oak & aluminum inlays. The oak is only about 3/64" thick and is sandwiched w/3 layers of aluminum soda can. The other aluminum was once the trim for the shower I replaced last summer.:D I don't throw anything away.;) Plexiglass finish.

200841504245_statesmanGfp_mesquite_alum.jpg

So does this wood choice meet with your approval, Ed?[}:)];)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sparhawk

Beautiful pen! I just put a piece of aluminum shower stall trim against the wall in the shop the other day wondering what i could use it for. Gives you ideas.[}:)]

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I don't know about Ed ! But it sure meets my approval ! That is beautiful ! This must take alot of time & skill . Thanks for posting ! [8D]

alamocdc

Thanks, guys. I'm just having fun playing around. My next version of this may look a little wild. Or it may not work out at all. Time will tell, but I'll let you know either way.;)

csb333

That is really a fine looking pen and blank. It is hard for me to imagine making one...it looks very hard and time consuming. It appears that your time was well spent!- Chris

Top Bottom