Mesqite Burl Ligero

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

I got two of these kits on close out from CSUSA, And John (desertrat) gave a piece of Mesquite Burl That needed some help so I decided to put them together. The burl had a good size void on one end with some bark left in it, so I stabilized the bark with CA and cast it with Alumilite. I have seen a bunch of blue castings lately and I have done red so I wanted some thing different (for me) so I went with orange with white pearl the black of the bark has a real nice contrast. It has CA finish that has been MM to 4K and Plastix polished. :biggrin:
Any Comments Welcome and Appreciated, Thanks for looking.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Rhodium Ligero Rollerball Pen Kit 014_7_6_fused.jpg
    Rhodium Ligero Rollerball Pen Kit 014_7_6_fused.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 572
  • Rhodium Ligero Rollerball Pen Kit 013_11_09_fused.jpg
    Rhodium Ligero Rollerball Pen Kit 013_11_09_fused.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 158
  • Rhodium Ligero Rollerball Pen Kit 036_4_3_fused.jpg
    Rhodium Ligero Rollerball Pen Kit 036_4_3_fused.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 207
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Crickett

Great looking pen, the picture you posted looks like you did some sort of inlay with dots on the cap but it doesn't show in the other pictures ... ??

maxman400

Great looking pen, the picture you posted looks like you did some sort of inlay with dots on the cap but it doesn't show in the other pictures ... ??
Crickett The dots are stems of mistletoe which acts like a fungus to the mesquite which is what forms the burl.

Cool stuff! Did you need to put the blank into the pressure pot?

Scott (I'm liking it alot) B
Scott I did put it in to the pressure pot at 60 psi, Alumilite is thin enough that if you don't use pressure it will soak in to the wood which will disperse the air in the wood in the form of bubbles, and it sets so fast they don't have enough time to rise to the top. I also used your method of layering on the photo, Thanks for the info.

Padre

The orange really sets that wood off tremendously. Great job. Great color combo.

Top Bottom