Mesh or dot blanks look better before turning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mmayo

mmayo

I have had mixed results trying to predict which dot blank will look good in a pen. This pen turned well and has a smooth, glossy finish (IMO). I am not inclined to buy more dot or mesh blanks considering the final product. I do like turning acrylic acetate when the ribbons of turnings come off easily.

PenComfortSilverWhiteDotweb_zps5b63638e.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mick

Nice pen but I'm puzzled as to why you don't like these blank. Glance over at my avatars, the mesh in red, purple, green, and blue are some of my best sellers in slimlines, designers and cigars. Try some of these colors and I think you'll change your mind.

mmayo

When I buy the blank it is 3/4 and I cut it to 5/8 before cross cuts matched to the tubes. I wish I knew how to predict which side to cut to get the best looking pen.

SDB777

When I buy the blank it is 3/4 and I cut it to 5/8 before cross cuts matched to the tubes. I wish I knew how to predict which side to cut to get the best looking pen.

Me too:wink:

Cool photo BTW.

Interesting dots, have you used a darker colored 'dotting' on this type blank?

Scott (I had some dots once....candy on tape) B

mmayo

I am a novice and BUY blanks made of acrylic at this point. Just turned a black pen with thin while lines that is outstanding. Lines vs. dots - lines win for me.

Top Bottom