Mescalbean WW Long Click and Tapa Pacifica

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MesquiteMan

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
It has been a REAL long time since I last posted any pics. Here are a couple of my "Worthless Wood" Mescalbean (Sophora Secundiflora) pens I did recently.

The first 2 pictures are the same Long Click from Aaron with a CA finish. The resin is Alumilite.

2008713191351_MescalWWLong1.jpg

2008713191517_MescalWWLong2.jpg

This is a Tapa Pacifica from the recent group buy. Not real sure I like this kit as much as a Sierra. Due to the wider bands, it is a little longer and the top seem a little out of proportion to me. Anyway, it is Mescalbean with green Alumilite and a CA finish.

2008713191715_MescalWWGreenTP.jpg

Comments good or bad are always welcome! Thank for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

snowman56

Great looking pens! I have turned the Mescalbean and the Agarita blanks that I got from you and LOVE the way they turned out. The allumilite polishes up great! I want more blanks, please. PM me for cost of more blanks. Tell your beautiful wife and precious Katelyn hi for me and Dottie.

DKF

Originally posted by laurie sullivan

I really like the longwood click. as usual your pens are great. where can I get those click kits?

Laurie

Nice pens Curtis...........Aaron at Lau Lau woods has them. His name on IAP is Makaiolani

VisExp

The Mescalbean and red Alluminite combination on the Long Click is stunning!

On the Tapa Pacifica, I don't know if it is the angle of the photograph, but it looks a little under turned.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Keith, you caught me! It is a little proud at the nib end. I just did not feel like messing with it anymore!

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

jhs494

Outstanding looking work on both. I really like the worthless wood done this way. It makes them into a quite unique looking pen.

Thanks or sharing them both with us.

bitshird

Curtis, i like both pens, i haven't done any of Arrons pens yet, i thought they were the same as the sierras, just fancier trim, i finally got some killer wood to make some wothless blanks with, and as soon as my fingers heal, I'm going to give it a try,:D:D:D

Top Bottom