Mescalbean with resin Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MesquiteMan

Status
Not open for further replies.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
This is one of my most favorit pens to date. It is Mescalbean root that was full of voids. I placed the blank in a mold and poured some secret recipe :) resin mix and pressure cast it. This causes the resin to go into all the cracks and fill all the voids. This is the same process I used for the Algarita pen I posted a few days ago.

Your comments, good or bad, are invited. Also, which photo do you prefer?

2006111564723_Mescal%20sierra1.jpg

2006111564756_Mescal%20sierra3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charles

Really like the pen. I like the bottom photo. You don't have the reflection in the bottom photo. Would like to see the bottom photo show the clip however, like in the top photo.

Skye

If it's for sale you gotta go with the top pic if for no other reason that the clip isnt shown in the bottom pic.

Amazing pen, love it!

JimGo

That's really pretty Curtis. I like the bottom photo better, because it shows more of the blank's character. I'd prefer to also see the clip in the shot, but...

Dario

Great pen Curtis...I take it, that I am one of the few who knows the secret? [;)][:D]

Don't worry, it is safe with me LOL [}:)]

The photos is a bit difficult to judge because you changed the backgrounds as well as pen position.

TThe top one is more artistic (background wise) but for presentation to someone who will buy, the bottom one might give the buyer a more accurate pic. JMHO

broitblat

Really nice piece of wood and, as usual, nice work on the pen. Did you use clear resin in the secret recipe or is it colored?

In any case, I prefer the top photo. I think the black background helps bring out the darker sections of the wood and highlight the contrast.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Now Barry, it would't be a secret recipe if I told my secrets[}:)]

Seriously, the resin is not colored, just the stuff I add. Contact me by PM and I will share if you are interested. Just don't want to post it on a public forum!

Oh yeah...thank for the nice comments!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom