Mesa Pen/Stylus

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from pauly99

pauly99

Was really worried when I started because although I painted the brass tube orange, I could clearly see that tube inside the unspun blank. Turned out well after all. Anyway, this Mesa pen/stylus is going to be sent out to my mom some 2300 miles away.

Attachments

• DSC_0190.jpg
    DSC_0190.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 248
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

Very nice work, I'm sure she will be pleased. Many times if I have a more transparent blank I will polish the brass to give it a little more depth. This doesn't work as well with a white blank. Also, the color you paint your blank or tube will change the look of your finished pen. I believe there is a tutoral in the library showing this effet. Jim S

pauly99

Thanks Jim. When I initially put the tube in the pen before painting, it really stood out (not in a good way). I knew that I had to more or less match the color of the blank. Never thought of polishing the brass.

MarkD

Another way to handle this is to paint the inside of the hole in the blank rather than the tube. This eliminates potentially seeing the glue.
That's a nice blank with lots of possibilities. If you paint the inside white you get a real nice yellow blank.

pauly99

Well I have the other half of this blank left, so another turn will be painting the inside of the tube. Next pen in my future... sounds like my wife wants mother of pearl.

Top Bottom