Merlin's slim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

So my boss wanted a cool pen to take to his mom's this week. I brought in all my resin blanks and he picked out a Merlin's Magic PR from exotics. He then decided on the gun metal slimline. I normally feel like I am wasting a cool blank like this when making a slimline personally. I used black nickle tubes with this one. I must say this is one of the nicest looking match ups with kit and blank I have done on a slimline. I think it looks really nice together personally. This is one of the few times I felt it wasn't a waste at all and made a nice pen. Any feedback is welcome, and thank you for looking.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

You did a good job on it. I almost exclusively turn slims right now due to lack of funds, and I've found it to be an extremely flexible kit that tolerates more mistakes than others.

CaptG

Very nice looking pen, good job. I personally feel the slim line has a lot more potential than most give it credit for.

ctubbs

Todd, you came away with a very good looking pen. The fit and finish is right on. As many have said, I find the slim to be a very versatile hardware set. I have found that the quality of the kits vary wildly from excellent to trash. On the other hand, I have yet to get a bad one from an IAP vendor, without it being almost instantly replaced. Not all vendors off site are that accommodating. As you, I have been reluctant to "waste" a good PR on a slim but seeing how yours turned out, I'll just have to give it a try. Thanks for showing and sharing.
Charles

PenPal

Todd,

I agree with all the comments with the exception of criticism or wonderment re Slimlines.
When a pen is made of any material it ends up in the hands as a gift or a sale. Let the receiver be the ultimate judge and jury. all recipients of pens in general see the one in front of them as it truly is. Compare this with car owners and their cars predudice abounds.

How wonderful you overcame doubts to produce this beautiful pen. How small a cost to you for such a reward. Merlin sure wove its magic in your pen. Goodness how simple it is to create fantastic relationships via a pen. My favourite saying is THE WORTH OF A PEN.
In my country pens are normally around this size when sold retail, I have observed in the USA big is beautiful. I am curious as to the response of the receiver of your pen. I love the design
and blank and your finish.

Kind regards Peter.

Top Bottom