Mercury dime cast in Jr. Gents II rollerball kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rossi

Rossi

Something I worked on this past weekend. A mercury dime cast in a Jr. Gents II rollerball pen kit. Photo by my beautiful wife, Carolina.

Attachments

• Mercury.dime.jpg
    Mercury.dime.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 639
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Karl_99

That is a real nice looking pen! I really like the old coins cast in the blanks. Great background color choice, also.

Rossi

Thanks all for the kind comments. HMH: I use a jewelrers bending block with half-circles, a punch and an arbor press to give the coin the curviture it needs in order for it to lie flush with the tube. Trust me, not all of my attempts have been successful, but for the most part, I can pull it off without marring the coin (just took some practice). I posted a short film at www.youtube.com/oswaldorossi, where you can see how I bend coins / watch parts. Hanau: The base coat is nail polish that I picked up at a local CVS drugstore, I think it cost like $3.

Janster

Thanks all for the kind comments. HMH: I use a jewelrers bending block with half-circles, a punch and an arbor press to give the coin the curviture it needs in order for it to lie flush with the tube. Trust me, not all of my attempts have been successful, but for the most part, I can pull it off without marring the coin (just took some practice). I posted a short film at www.youtube.com/oswaldorossi, where you can see how I bend coins / watch parts. Hanau: The base coat is nail polish that I picked up at a local CVS drugstore, I think it cost like $3.
Very nice! Did you use a pressure pot to cast? PR or Al ? Thanks..... Jan

Top Bottom