Memorial Pen-Emperor Hand Painted

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TurnaPen

TurnaPen

My thanks to Dawn for encouraging me, Amos
Ever since I saw the beautiful pen on the Exotic Blanks Website made jointly by Keith Larrett and Dawn Kizer; Keith's blank is Alternative Ivory segmented with Aluminium, one of his "Twisted" designs; Dawn painted the blue roses , it was an entry into a contest to homour "Eagle", a talented turner who had passed away way too early. Blue was Eagle's favourite colour and roses the favourite flower.
Now, back at the ranch, Amos sends off a PM to Dawn asking the "secret" to that beautiful pen, receives a PM descibing the pen and telling him to "have a go"!!!
My daughter Faith passed on at 27, she loved red roses, so here is my humble attempt at hand painting with acrylic, please note, I laser engraved the Roses, then I hand painted them. Dawn said that the pen shown on her site was only lacquered over and would not be long wearing, so, once I finished painting, and paint dried, I used a few coats of thin CA applied VERY LIGHTLY so as not to smudge the paint, then millions od coats of thick CA and Medium CA and thin CA to fill the gaps that laser engraving does. Sanded with Acrylic sanding pads(wet) and polished with car polish.
The pen is not perfect with some minor blemishes, the blank is Alternative Ivory, the kit an Emperor.
Your input is valued, Amos

Attachments

• P1030642 (Medium).jpg
    P1030642 (Medium).jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 280
  • P1030643 (Medium).JPG
    P1030643 (Medium).JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 189
  • P1030659 (Medium).JPG
    P1030659 (Medium).JPG
    54 KB · Views: 213
  • P1030684 (Medium).JPG
    P1030684 (Medium).JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 192
  • P1030689 (Large).jpg
    P1030689 (Large).jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 247
  • P1030690 (Large).jpg
    P1030690 (Large).jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 172
  • P1030706 (Medium).JPG
    P1030706 (Medium).JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 159
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Amos,

I don't know the heartache of losing a child, and God willing I never will. This had to be a difficult project for you, but you did a great job of making a beautiful tribute and memorial to Faith.

Most of us just make pens; you made something very special. Thank you for sharing.

Daniel

Amos, I have to argue with you. Although the pen may not be flawless (It is heart made as well as hand made) It is very much perfect.

PenPal

Amos

Very fitting tribute for the family to share. You are a kind and considerate man and a very good father and friend to many like me.

Regards from chilly Canberra.

Peter.

TurnaPen

From "down under", a heart felt thanks for your sympathies and also for your encouragement.
I believe that there are quite a few of you out there that can give this a go also and encourage you to do so. Many thanks to all, Amos

workinforwood

Your pen is a beauty Amos. Very sorry to hear about your daughter...I can't imagine that happening to me. Those are the types of dreams us guys with kids live with all our lives and pray they don't come true.

JohnU

Amos, That is one of the most beautiful pens I have ever seen and a wonderful tribute from the heart. My prayers go out to you and your family.

PR_Princess

Amos, that is truly beautiful. You have touched the hearts and minds of all that have seen your roses and your pen. I can think of no finer honour, no better tribute.

I did not know about your daughter earlier, and I am humbled by your kind words. You alone have created something very special for Faith, and it should serve as an inspiration to us all. You remind us what can be best about this place, and ourselves.

Top Bottom