Meet the von Baron's, Sterling, Blacky & Goldy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

Just got some new Baron kits from BB. From L-R, Sterling, Black Ti & Gold Ti. Wonderfull Sterling plating and two tone nibs, Thanks BB, for such a nice pen kit at a reasonable price. Fountains come with converter in the kit.

Couldn't get the focus right this morn, maybe last night has something to do with it. But the Black Ti finish is a real winner.

200511134712_DSC01060.jpg

200511134750_DSC01054.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Man, I just got to get my butt in gear and order a couple of those... I have some really nice stuff I have been saving for special pens and those look like the ones...

bajacrazy

Beautiful pens Anthony.

I love the look of the new Baron; I a look at them and past on ordering them. I guess after seeing two posts showing them it’s time to place another order. [:D]

What was the material used in the white one?

Vern

Anthony, Great looking brace of pens there! I agree that the black Ti looks especially nice, did a mesquite burl RB in the black TI yesterday. Will post a pic later.

Did you get any brass shadowing on either of the wood bin resins?

Vern

PenWorks

Vern, Just a touch on the white one, but that was my fault on the drilling, you don't have much room for error on the cap hole with this size resin and my drill vise has about seen it last days. (here that Paul) . I did paint the tubes white, because I have never cut this before and was not sure. None at all on the others. Anthony

Gary Max

Anthony great looking pens---looks like the Baron will be the next kit that I add. I did figure out that I should of painted the tube when I did white.

WoodChucker

Anthony, nice looking group of pens! Mine should be here by Monday, can't wait to get my hands on a new kit. [:)]

BTW, CSUSA took care of that end cap for me, been meaning to tell you, but forgot.

R.T.

PenWorks

DW, here is the link for the Baron kits.......
http://www.arizonasilhouette.com/New_Products.htm

Brought to you by "The Duke of Burl" BB

pen-turners

Anthony,
On the white acrylic - did you have to paint the tube white so it did not show through???? I have had this problem in the past and was wondering if this material is better......

Chris

PenWorks

Chris, depending on what your making, If I was using a 7mm tube I would not have painted it. But this is a big hole for cap, and this resin is not that big, so I did paint it. Gary M. made a cigar pen with the same white resin, I am not sure if he painted or not and if there was any bleed thru. Anthony

Gary Max

Antony I did not paint mine---wish I had. Wife says no one will see it.
I sure can see the brass tube. Most folks ain't going to have any ideal what they are looking at.

wayneis

I desided a while ago that from now on every acrylic that I do I'm going to paint the tubes. It seems that unless you do a real fat body some how the tubes end up showing through and I just don't care for the looks. It doesn't take all that much to paint them, I have a 1/4" dowell that I drilled holes in that small finish nails fit in and I sand the tubes string them on the dowell with a finish nail holding them in place and spray paint them with Rust-O-leum. Any of the dark color acrylic blanks I use a flat black spray that is made for grills. It has a texture to it. I use either Epoxy or CA to glue them into the blanks.

Wayne

PenWorks

There is only one recomendation I can make on the Baron kit and the Statesman or other simular kits that come in FP or roller. I wish all the end caps would include springs in the fountain pen kits. One of the features of this kit, is when a client is looking at pens, I tell them I can make it a roller or fountain and I find myself switching nibs all the time and allways come up short on springs. I would buy a hundred if I new where. Anthony

woodpens

Originally posted by penworks
<br />There is only one recomendation I can make on the Baron kit and the Statesman or other simular kits that come in FP or roller. I wish all the end caps would include springs in the fountain pen kits. One of the features of this kit, is when a client is looking at pens, I tell them I can make it a roller or fountain and I find myself switching nibs all the time and allways come up short on springs. I would buy a hundred if I new where. Anthony
If you find a source, please let me know. I have the same problem.

jkirkb94

It would always be a good idea to have extra springs. I have lost some before. Anthony, your pens are wonderful!!! Great choice on the finishes and acrylics. Sometimes it is hard to match them right! Kirk[8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom