Meet the Quillings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bob in SF

Bob in SF

Quilling may have begun with papyrus rolling in ancient Egypt. Quilling reached a peak in the Convents and Monasteries of the Renaissance. A slotted tool is used to roll and form paper strips, often into complex works of art. I've started simply here:

1/8" colored paper strips "power-rolled" quickly by using a Quilled Creations brand quilling tool loaded into a drill.
Spiraled paper randomly placed into block molds.
PR cast at 50psi.
Turned and finished as usual.

Cute couple -
Fred groused about the wage-price spiral.
Rollita rhapsodized about the truth and beauty of the Fibonacci sequence/spiral.
They had chemistry beyond the complementary color tone, fell in love, got hitched - and yes - they have little ones requiring adult supervision to avoid spiraling out of control.

attachment.php

Happy Monday to all - Bob

Attachments

• MeetTheQuillings,markison,May,2018,1500px.jpg
    MeetTheQuillings,markison,May,2018,1500px.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 611
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Thank you Bob for the Introduction, to the "Not So New" Family, the Quillings.
It is nice to see that they have decided to move from their Ancient, and Monastic Heritage, and so fitting that you were chosen to be their Mentor.

Fred and Rollita, are a most attractive Couple, and it is most fortunate that they met and make a Perfect Couple.

Obviously Fred is well grounded, as expressed by his concerns with matters Economic.
While Rollita loves the beauty of the Ancient tried and true expressions of Truth and Beauty, and the Wonders and Splendor of the application of Fibonacci.

Congratulations on your being chosen to Mentor this Family.
Splendid Work, my Friend.
Brian.

Last edited:

Charlie_W

Very cool Bob! These make for unique and attractive pens.

In your yellow pour in the photos, I see something mixed into the yellow resin. Are you free to share that ingredient or is it classified?

As your family of pens and other creations grow and have offspring, you must be vigilant that no inbreeding occurs.:eek::biggrin:

Bob in SF

Many thanks Bryan, Art, and Charlie.

Charlie - no classified info here - the yellow resin included metal flakes.

Fred and Rollita have been busy - 2 newborns this AM - and there followed some banter:

attachment.php

FRED: They don't look like me at all - better defined features than I had at birth - a little chubby, and a little bit wasp-waisted...
ROLLITA: Fred, you're suffering some sort of post-partum syndrome usually reserved for the Mother. Relax, read your papers; I'll give you a holler when it's time to change them.

Happy Thursday - Bob

Attachments

• QuillingBabies,May10,18,markison,1500px.jpg
    QuillingBabies,May10,18,markison,1500px.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 391

Bob in SF

Thanks, Mike - I agree - the baby blue has the quilled paper-resin contrast that you mentioned earlier.

Have a fine weekend. - Bob

Top Bottom