Medieval JR Gent.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ruby pen turning

My wife had made some cane that she did not like but I loved so she said to do what I wanted with it. The clay is turquoise black and gold with the black making the turquoise look dark. I thought it look old and rustic so I tried to put the pieces on the tube like bricks and ended up with something that looks medieval to me.
The blanks are rounded with a skew then coated with around 10 CA then sanded and sanded again through all the pad colors then finally Novus heavy and fine polish.
Thanks for looking. I would like comments on weather it looks dorky or messy or something else. No feeling will be hurt.
IMG_6169.JPG

IMG_6170.JPG

IMG_6171.JPG

IMG_6172.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jskeen

I like the final product a lot. I think that with a more geometric cane that kind of random layout might look a bit off, but those are kind of random organic looking to begin with so the overlap and lack of pattern to the slices looks good once it's all pared down and polished. It may sound strange, but I think that the platinum plating may be making the look a little muted. I would try black ti on the next one, to see if less contrast makes the colors pop a little more. That might go with the antique look too.

If you don't like it, I'll swap you a new kit for it :)
James

vallealbert

Medieval? NO ... Great Pen? YES!!! When I see your design, the first thing that come to my mind is some work of the Spanish architect Antonio Gaudí...specially his mosaics. Thanks for sharing.

G1Pens

Personally, I think it is absolutely awesome. I am a big fan of PC. I think it holds great potential. More than flowers and butterflies....although Toni's blanks are unbelievable.

Top Bottom