Mean and Green

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from IPD_Mr

IPD_Mr

This evening was shop time for me. Our Niece has a birthday coming up and this is one of her favorite colors. She had a dip pen until her little brother got a little careless with the India ink. Needless to say India ink is no longer allowed in their home until the wee ones get a little older. This is one of Marla's feather blanks dressed on a Jr. Retro fountain pen. This will be accompanied by a bottle of Foam Green and Rose Rage inks. You have to love those tweens and their colors. I don't care as she seems to like fountain pens at the moment. An upgrade nib will also be included, but sending the stock for her to learn on.

As always comments and especially critiques are welcome.

green4.jpg

green1.jpg

green2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

I think I agree with the above "no comment", words can't describe, that has got to be the best blank I've seen by Marla, nice turning!

Sent from my Epic using Forum Runner

arw01

+1 on the jaw drop. That is truly STRIKING PEN. So totally going to love it, and her friends will be blown away too!

steeler fan1

Thats a great looking blank and pen. I've not made a pen with Marla's blanks yet but will soon:biggrin:. I noticed on yours and others that you start the base of the feathers from the center to cap and nib. Is this the desired way, don't think I've seen one assembled any other way. How do you manage to align the pattern so they meet at the center? Did that make any sense?

Should be one happy young lady.

Carl

IPD_Mr

Can I be your neice?

Bruce as long as we can find a pink tutu that will fit. :eek::biggrin::tongue:

Yeah I would have picked that out too! She's gonna love it and it's wonderful that she's wanting a fountain pen to use.

Alison is a gifted child. She was reading at 18 months, spelling at 20 months and could recognize printed names at 15 months. She is actually in a school that still teaches cursive too. :eek:

Thats a great looking blank and pen. I've not made a pen with Marla's blanks yet but will soon:biggrin:. I noticed on yours and others that you start the base of the feathers from the center to cap and nib. Is this the desired way, don't think I've seen one assembled any other way. How do you manage to align the pattern so they meet at the center? Did that make any sense?

Should be one happy young lady.

Carl

Carl - We lined this one up so that when you post it the points line up in the center. It just doesn't look right that way. I have also done these where both cap and body point the same way and it does not look nearly as good as the way that most of us assemble them.

Thank you ALL for your kind comments. I really did nothing special with this one. All the hard work was done before I ever saw the blank. The only hard part is finding the best kit for the blank. Ti gold looked good but it made me think of leprechauns and a pot of gold. :tongue:

So I am sitting here waiting on an order from IPD and read that the person that is supposed to be getting my package ready for me, to finish pens is in the back playing around making his own pens. Whats wrong with this picture?
Just kidding I haven`t ordered anything (sorry):rolleyes: but I will soon and it may include a feather blank. I don't normally order pre-made blanks ready to turn because I have this thing with wanting to use what I have created on my pens but I have not nor do I know how to make a feather blank. I think I know where I will get one/two from though.
Beautiful pen on my favorite kit and it really POPS!!

EarlD

I think stunning is the right word for this pen. Your neice is lucky! And it's great that she likes fountain pens and writes in cursive. I had a discussion of cursive just last night with my daughter, who teaches fourth grade in a local private school. She says they usually have a few new transfer students who can't read or write in cursive. What a shame.

EarlD

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
This evening was shop time for me. Our Niece has a birthday coming up and this is one of her favorite colors. She had a dip pen until her little brother got a little careless with the India ink. Needless to say India ink is no longer allowed in their home until the wee ones get a little older. This is one of Marla's feather blanks dressed on a Jr. Retro fountain pen. This will be accompanied by a bottle of Foam Green and Rose Rage inks. You have to love those tweens and their colors. I don't care as she seems to like fountain pens at the moment. An upgrade nib will also be included, but sending the stock for her to learn on.

As always comments and especially critiques are welcome.
Such a beautiful pen and such an ugly black finial!

MOtrooper

Very nice from a Beautiful blank. Makes me want to buy some feather blanks. If only I knew somewhere that sells them :biggrin:

Top Bottom