Me and my oldest one made a present for her mom.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

264237_181929588533781_100001502242963_466187_32173_n.jpg

She picked out Camphor for the wood (Probably won't be turning more of that for a while) and we settled on some Corian for the center band. I let her pick between silver and gold for the kit, and we had different stickers that would likely have popped on the pen better, but they were really not good for this application. My oldest one handled a good bit of the turning, did a great job on all of the cross-sanding, and was going to help polish, but the MicroMesh kept eating through at the corners of the stickers and I needed to make sure I mitigated the damage as much as possible. The Camphor is courtesy of Bobalu, and the Corian is courtesy of Reddwil. I used a LOT of all 3 CA thicknesses to get a polish on it, and it definitely tested my patience.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

Great pen and story. Worth more than money can buy.

She's worked on a couple others with me, anf had been asking for a couplr of weeks to go back to the workshop.

AWESOME!!! Now to the big question, When does her new lathe arrive?
Charles

It'll be a while. She still has a REALLY REALLY hard time listening for more than 3 seconds at a time. That needs to improve before I'm willing to hand her a gouge and say GO without having my hands on it too, let alone handle CA.

Bobalu

She did a great job. That will be one to remember in years to come. Sorry, I didn't warn you that Camphor smells like........well, Camphor. Makes the whole shop smell like a medicine cabinet real fast.

Drstrangefart

She did a great job. That will be one to remember in years to come. Sorry, I didn't warn you that Camphor smells like........well, Camphor. Makes the whole shop smell like a medicine cabinet real fast.

I SMELLED LIKE OLD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!! It wasn't terrible. Just not my cup of tea. I cut up a eucalyptus log today and made the camphor smell go away.

Gary Beasley

I SMELLED LIKE OLD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!! It wasn't terrible. Just not my cup of tea. I cut up a eucalyptus log today and made the camphor smell go away.

LOL! Nah, really? You're not that far away from it son.

Drstrangefart

Great pen and story. Worth more than money can buy.

LOL! Nah, really? You're not that far away from it son.

You got a good head start, though.

Top Bottom