McBryde's PITH

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

Now that my PITH partner has his Pen and packing Materiel, I thought I would post it. Since the theme is construction materiel (pine) I went to home depot and got a 12' length of pine trim that was 1 5/8" wide and a 1/4" thick. I glued black plastic from a drop ceiling panel to it then ripped down to 3/4" strips which I then cut using a sled in to 3/4" X 3/4" squares. Once it was all glued up, I turned it round and drilled it on the lathe to ensure I got it dead center. It has 5 coats of thin CA and 5 coats of thick CA and has been wet sanded to 12K and Plastix polished. It is on an El Grande kit from Wood Craft.
Emerson I hope it serves you well for a long time.
Comments welcome, and Thanks for Looking. :biggrin:

Attachments

• Emerson 1.jpg
    Emerson 1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 351
  • Emerson2.jpg
    Emerson2.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 219
  • Emerson 4.jpg
    Emerson 4.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 201
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

Nice way to use the 360 herringbone pattern -

Interesting effect with the dual tones of the black with the trim strips.

Good idea and it should be treasured.

lorbay

Max did you use the same style herring bone set up that is in the library??
Nice pen BTW.

Lin.

maxman400

Max did you use the same style herring bone set up that is in the library??
Nice pen BTW.

Lin.
I did the first row that way to set my base, I made sure that that row was square all the way around. Then I Glued up the rest of the pieces to make the "L" shape part, and attached them to the base row. It takes 3 "L" shapes per row, a total of 6 pieces. As I put an "L" shaped piece on the blank I use an extra piece as a spacer so the next "L" shape piece will slide under the first one. NOW if all I did was confuse you LOL... send me a PM I will go take some Photos so I can show you what I am babbling about. It works better for me like this because I am only trying to keep 2 pieces square at a time instead of 6.

Top Bottom