its_virgil

Enjoy!:):):)

20068543351_crooked%20snake.jpg

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
You musta inserted the barrels and other fittings right where he laid! Great technique! Could you teach us that? I'll bet you snuck up from the back end too! [:D]

Can that pen draw a straight line? Does it do "French" curves well?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
OK, DON!!

The king of snakes says, my best ever-so I get set for JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHhhhhhh!

its_virgil

Thanks guys for the comments. Just found that filter on my editing software and thought I would have a little fun....or maybe I should check the alignment of head and tail sock, or straighten my mandrel, or ...

It feeds on wood shavings and antler shaving.[:D] I'm scared it may bite, so I keep it capped at all times.

Thanks for allowing me to have a little fun.

Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />OK, DON!!

The king of snakes says, my best ever-so I get set for JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHhhhhhh!

Fangar

While Don's post was meant to be humrous (Which it is) There is also an excellent application for a photo like that. Imagine that pen in a Fountain pen version on a web site. It could be a main category photo to more Snakeskin pens, etc. With the cap off and the nib showing, you would have a very nice looking snake (With a tounge or fangs).

I am still happy with my invisible pen, though I can't remember where I've left it! [;)]

Fangar

lwalden

I'm betting Don just took the pen out in the Texas afternoon and snapped a few pics through the heat waves rising off the asphalt......
Originally posted by OSCAR15
<br />Ok...Now I am curious,,,Beautiful Pen...But...How did you do that???????
IT IS SUPER! You GONNA write a tutorial?

its_virgil

I used a special effects fiter in a photo editing software package. Most of the better ones have it. Just playing around.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

guts

shoot Don i was hoping you would bring it with ya next time you went to see your dad so i could have a close up look[:(!]

leehljp

Member Liaison
Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />I used a special effects fiter in a photo editing software package. Most of the better ones have it. Just playing around.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Don,

Don't disappoint us with that kind of talk. I thought you took the picture while it was still so fresh that it was still moving! [:D]

I like Fangars idea of taking a picture of it with the cap removed and a forked tongue coming out of the nib!

its_virgil

Nope, it's just a picture....BTW, I'm heades that way next week maybe. I'll keep in touch.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by guts
<br />shoot Don i was hoping you would bring it with ya next time you went to see your dad so i could have a close up look[:(!]

guts

Don,we are headed for corpus sat.our son starts at A&M on the 15th,that means books and tuition monday,will be back wednesday late.

its_virgil

I'm headed that way wed or thursday...I'll contact you when you return.
email me a phone no and I'll send you mine.
Don
Originally posted by guts
<br />Don,we are headed for corpus sat.our son starts at A&M on the 15th,that means books and tuition monday,will be back wednesday late.

DocStram

Dang it Don. You really tick me off! After I saw that first photo I headed right down to my shop to try to replicate your design. I've been down there all day trying to figure out how to turn my blank with those exact twists. Then, I come back online to take another look and realize it was your photo editing program!

its_virgil

But Doc,
Just think how much practice you got. Glad I was the inspiration.[:D][:D] That was a dirty trick, wasn't it?
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by DocStram
<br />Dang it Don. You really tick me off! After I saw that first photo I headed right down to my shop to try to replicate your design. I've been down there all day trying to figure out how to turn my blank with those exact twists. Then, I come back online to take another look and realize it was your photo editing program!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom