Maybe my best one yet.......

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dbledsoe

dbledsoe

as far as fit and finish. Usually, I find something I don't like just after I finish assembly. This one turned out very pretty, just not the color I was hoping for. I was trying for a burgundy and gold (Florida State U.) but this was the closest I could find. Gold Rush blank from BTW on a Mesa platinum and gold. I painted the blank white, maybe would have been better unpainted to let the brass color enhance the gold. Or maybe red to deepen the burgundy. Or maybe I should have just found the right one to start with. Anybody know anyone making a FSU color blank?

Attachments

• GoldRush1.jpg
    GoldRush1.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 235
  • GoldRush2.jpg
    GoldRush2.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 253
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dbledsoe

I would try again & paint the blank either gold or black. Or I'd contact Brooks803. Jonathon is the master of custom PR blanks. At least that's my 2¢.

I usually paint the inside silver.

Hey I didn't know a former QB that should be in the HOF makes pens!

I wish...... only thing he did for me was make my name easier for folks to spell. I had it long before he did.

BSea

I would try again & paint the blank either gold or black. Or I'd contact Brooks803. Jonathon is the master of custom PR blanks. At least that's my 2¢.

I usually paint the inside silver.
I do a lot of mine silver too. And that would be my 3rd choice (maybe 2nd). As long as the gold didn't make the maroon more orange, then I think gold would work the best. And if that didn't work, I'd probably go with black or silver.

dbledsoe

I think I will try silver. I did one black and the result was beautiful - dark swirling colors - just not burgundy and gold. I'll take a picture of it tonight so you can see it. If gold would work I could just not paint the brass tube.

Top Bottom