Maybe, maybe not

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dgscott

dgscott

I've been doing some custom pens for folks and for a little diversion decided to step outside the box. Not sure about this -- the barrel is madreperlato filled with white pearl PR. The cap is alternate casein with a band of the barrel material and a shorter engraving and inlay. The inlays have a nice mottled texture to them, which I like, but I'm not sure whether to bother making a section for it or scratching it up to a moment of whimsy.

Opinions, comments, expressions of horror welcome!

Doug

Attachments

• maybe?.jpg
    maybe?.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 458
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

I don't think a section will help....but that would probably be a better option for the customers.

BTW, like the turning!

Scott (awesome fun) B

LanceD

I like the pattern on the barrel but the pattern on the cap seems to throw it off a bit. I'd like to see a plain cap.

reiddog1

Pen looks to be turned very well and I really like the shape of it. Clashing pattern seems to distract from the overall look IMHO. Would like to see the pen opened.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I like the whimsical look of the pen but it does not look like a finished coherent design. Its interesting over all and I like what you have done so far. To me its one of those pens that shows a part of the journey.

Top Bottom