Matrix Emperors

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from 76winger

76winger

Here my two Emperor Fountain pens. I've mostly turned PSI pens since I started making pens in 2008, but I felt I wanted a little more in my high end lineup than just Majestics, Art Decos and Septres. After making these, I believe a new offering for the top shelf, or behind the glass, or whatever... :wink: I'm really please with the way they came out, and the way they feel when holding.

I have to give a special thanks to Ed & Dawn at Exoticblanks for putting these on their website right away when I had asked them about availability in FP versions. And extra special thanks to Dawn for hand-picking the blanks out for me. I asked her to provide something she'd like to see on them and I'd make them in her honor. So Thanks Dawn, I am not dissappointed!!!

Thanks for looking, and comments always welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Very cool 'staging' on these photo's...like the written word on the notepad best.

The pens, well they are outstanding...done a great service to them blanks/kits!

Scott

76winger

Hmmm, strangely, my photos look like crap through Forum Runner. All pixelated. I wonder what's up with that... Size limitation?

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

PenPal

Dave,

You sure know who to trust Dawn has class that lass nailed it in two beaut choices, bet there were moments with this material when the sphincter puckered up but well worth the degree of difficulty. With the Olympics coming up I suggest close to ten out of ten for degree of difficulty and the marriage of kit and blank in both those outstanding colours that lick the bling of the kit into submission IMHO.

Kind regards Peter.

76winger

Dave,

You sure know who to trust Dawn has class that lass nailed it in two beaut choices, bet there were moments with this material when the sphincter puckered up but well worth the degree of difficulty. With the Olympics coming up I suggest close to ten out of ten for degree of difficulty and the marriage of kit and blank in both those outstanding colours that lick the bling of the kit into submission IMHO.

Kind regards Peter.

Yeah, I think Dawn chose well and they ended up likely better that what I had originally planned for these FPs. Not to mention, they look pretty good if you switch caps as well!

Attachments

• Switched Tops.jpg
    Switched Tops.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

PR_Princess

They look beautiful Dave!!!!

Picking out the blanks was easy peasy. But you did all the hard work, turning them to sheer perfection.

I bet those Emperors won't sit on the top shelf for long! :handshake:

eldee

Beautiful pens and great choice of material. I have had my Emperor kit for quite a few years. It's about time for me to do something with it.

Triple Crown

Beautiful pens and great choice of material. I have had my Emperor kit for quite a few years. It's about time for me to do something with it.

Definitely, they're too nice to sit in pieces!

Great job! I too have an Emperor (and a Lotus) that I have been working my way up to doing. Got them from CSUSA way back as they were selling their last ones. Those particular Tru-Stone blanks are really hard too. I think that I spend more time sharpening my tool than cutting away the blank! They look really good on the Emperors! :good:

hkstrongside

76winger

Definitely, they're too nice to sit in pieces!

Great job! I too have an Emperor (and a Lotus) that I have been working my way up to doing. Got them from CSUSA way back as they were selling their last ones. Those particular Tru-Stone blanks are really hard too. I think that I spend more time sharpening my tool than cutting away the blank! They look really good on the Emperors! :good:

The red one is turnable with a standard HSS skew or gouge, but the black one will present a good amount of resistance if you don't have a carbide tipped cutter of some sorts for rounding and getting down to size. My first two red matrix blanks were turned with a 30 year old carbon steel skew branded by PowrKraft. How many people even remember that brand sold by Montgomery Wards way back when? :confused: I did turn "one" black matrix with that skew as well, but it wasn't fun! :at-wits-end:But it worked OK on the red ones! :tongue:

Disclaimer: I did turn both of THESE with a round carbide cutter purchased from Rockler last fall when they were on sale. I still use a HSS Sorby skew (Thanks Joe!!!) for most of my work (and all woods), but the carbide comes out for the tougher Trustone material. :wink:

Top Bottom