Matching customs and wedding ring.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Twissy

Twissy

A commission just completed. A nice caramel acrylic, with both pens fitted with JoWo 1.1mm stub nibs. A different silver Gecko on each pen so the owner can have two colours of ink on the go and know which is which. He also wanted a matching ring. Made with a Titanium core from "bangleguy".
Cheers for looking.

IMG_1405.JPGIMG_1408.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I love the little amphibians you are using !! :biggrin: I'm curious as to how they are secured. Are you just glueing them on or do they have pins like earings?
I also like the angled ends, nice touch. I have to say I'm always wary of cap thread that aren't reinforced though.
Nice work John.

Edit; Just realized that geckos aren't amphibians........Ok, nice little reptiles then :)

Last edited:

Twissy

Thanks guys!

I love the little amphibians you are using !! :biggrin: I'm curious as to how they are secured. Are you just glueing them on or do they have pins like earings?
I also like the angled ends, nice touch. I have to say I'm always wary of cap thread that aren't reinforced though.
Nice work John.

Edit; Just realized that geckos aren't amphibians........Ok, nice little reptiles then :)

Cheers Steve. I silver solder a 2mm diameter piece of copper wire to the "reptibians":biggrin: and drill a hole it the end of the cap and epoxy them in. I used to use brass rod but prefer the copper as it allows me to make the stopper sit better on the cap. A great help especially on an angled end!

I've decided I like the word reptibian:cool:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Ha ha, Reptibians realy is a cool word.:biggrin:

Reminds me of the good old days in South Africa. We were always invaded with ugly pale geckos and my wife was petrified of them.
One day she was soaking in the bath when one walked across the ceiling but fell off and landed in the bath !!!! Yes, geckos can swim, but they aren't as fast as my wife was getting out the bath and screaming through the house!!
Wow, that sight is still etched in my mind!!:biggrin:

Marko50

Wowsers!

John, your work is just amazing. Your work is inspirational. Thanks for sharing!:)

Donovan

A commission just completed. A nice caramel acrylic, with both pens fitted with JoWo 1.1mm stub nibs. A different silver Gecko on each pen so the owner can have two colours of ink on the go and know which is which. He also wanted a matching ring. Made with a Titanium core from "bangleguy".
Cheers for looking.

View attachment 116666View attachment 116667

Love the Gecko's beautiful pens

Donovan

wizard

John,
That set is AWESOME !! and that should be one ecstatic customer!!!
Looks perfect on the front page !!:)
Doc:)

OZturner

Magnificent Ensemble John,
Inspired Design, with Outstanding Execution.
Definitely worthy of the Front Page.
Congratulations also to BangleGuy for his Incredible Contribution.
Superb Craftsmanship.
Brian.

Gulfcoast

Ha ha, Reptibians realy is a cool word.:biggrin:

Reminds me of the good old days in South Africa. We were always invaded with ugly pale geckos and my wife was petrified of them.
One day she was soaking in the bath when one walked across the ceiling but fell off and landed in the bath !!!! Yes, geckos can swim, but they aren't as fast as my wife was getting out the bath and screaming through the house!!
Wow, that sight is still etched in my mind!!:biggrin:

Skip --- No pictures, it didn't happen :)

Joe

Top Bottom