Matched Set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Old Griz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Here is a matched set ... Euro Double Twist Pen and Perfume Pen, both Berea kits... in bookmatched curly maple I got from a 1.5" block I bought from Cue Components (http://www.cuecomponents.com/curlymaple.html) really nice stuff...
Had to take the picture in the case so that the grain match showed...
Finished with a version of Shellwax not available in this country... called Shellwax Glow which has more orange shellac than what we get here in the US... I got it from Carrols Woodcrafts Supply (http://au.store.yahoo.com/cws-store/index.html) I was ordering 2 new sets of Nova jaws (I get much better prices from overseas) and the shipping is still good...
2004930175147_Matched%20Set.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ttpenman

Do you like the Shellawax Glow? I've been emailed the US suppliers to order some. The manufacturer in Australia told me that PSI is the importer for their products. So far no replies from any of the suppliers.

Anyone ever try adding some color to Shellawax or other finishes?

Nice job on your set.

Jeff

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Love the Shellwax Glow... really adds something to the finish... and you can use it to thin Shellwax paste... In fact I mixed a small amount of the paste Shellwax with the Shellwax Glow and it really adds to the finish on lighter woods...

daledut

Okay Tom, you are really starting to tick me off!![;)]

Just kidding, I am just a bit jealous of all the nice pens and such you are turning out.

My wife's double foot surgery and my work schedule has prevented me from making a single pen in about 2 months. I miss it like crazy.

Keep up the good work, you make some beautiful stuff.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
John, actually the stuff can fly.... I got my order Australian Air Mail... so there was not problem with the Shellwax Glow flying...
And being in Alaska you should get yours even faster than I did in Maryland.... my order was shipped on Friday and it arrived on Wednesday...
Oh and BTW check out the ****Hot Wax they sell.... Yes that is the name of the stuff... real nice hard wax that brings up a great shine..

ttpenman

Where did you order the Shellawax Glow from? I emailed U-Beaut Enterprises and they told they couldn't sell me any.

How bad was the shipping?

Jeff

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
The link is in the original message... here it is again...
http://au.store.yahoo.com/cws-store/ubeautpolishes.html
Shipping was not bad because I also ordered a couple of chuck jaws and other stuff at the same time....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom