Match pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ZanderPommo

ZanderPommo

This is a pen for my upcoming IDPA zombie match, at oak park shooting club. Its a once a year match in october full of tons of fun stuff. if you're interested you can go to youtube and type in OPSC 2010 zombie match and see what I mean.

This is a worthless wood blank I bought from Pat at Ankrom Exotics two years ago at the MPG, been saving it for something special. The engraving was done by Charlie (Newlondon88) and turned out great! Thanks again Charlie!
I did the colorfill before finishing. Its on a chrome cigar
SDC12486.jpg

SDC12487.jpg

SDC12488.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ZanderPommo

Thanks Charlie. ya I filled it with a fine tip brush and tried to wipe it of this morning (1.5 days after filling) and it wouldnt budge. so i hit it by hand with some 400 grit, and it came right off, no staining at all (I did this because I suspected the stabilization of the wood would keep it from soaking in) thats definatly how I'll do them from now on

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
a damp (not really wet) piece of tee shirt material will usually grip the
stuff above the surface well enough to scrape it off too. But if it is too wet,
it will loosen the paint. yeah, 400 grit works, too!
THen again, it depends on what you used. I just picked up two more sets
of the artist's acylic tubes.. 12 colors for $3. They work pretty well, better
than the 'good' ones!

ZanderPommo

I was using the little model car glass jars of enamel paint, i had a damp cloth and it wasnt doing much, maybe this stuff is harder??
either way its what I'll be doing here on out!

Paladin

Weather...

I hope you have better weather than we did today for our USPSA match. Not only did we only get in three stages, the scoresheets were so ruined that NO scores are going in to the national. Bummer, because I shot well in the qualifier stage.

ZanderPommo

Well it's October second so it ought to be cold but hopefully not rainy. Do you shoot in idpa? I'm in ESP I classified sharpshooter early this year but now I time in with experts. I'm hoping to skip expert and Go straight to master next year:)

Top Bottom