Mary's mini clink.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from booney0717

booney0717

Well it is what it is. Mary asked for a small sized click style pen in cherry wood. So this is what she got. I like this little kit. I realy dont like the cherry blanks though. Cherry burl woulda been alot better. I think it would also look great with buckeye burl. But its what she asked for. My pictures are getting alot better thanks to all for the help. I still have that strange blue line but i dont think that will go until i can get a new camera. Anyhow tell me how you like this little kit.
Thanks.
Kevin

Attachments

• mini pen 079.jpg
    mini pen 079.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 189
  • mini pen 089.jpg
    mini pen 089.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 141
  • mini pen 108.jpg
    mini pen 108.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 167
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbwertz

Well it is what it is. Mary asked for a small sized click style pen in cherry wood. So this is what she got. I like this little kit. I realy dont like the cherry blanks though. Cherry burl woulda been alot better. I think it would also look great with buckeye burl. But its what she asked for. My pictures are getting alot better thanks to all for the help. I still have that strange blue line but i dont think that will go until i can get a new camera. Anyhow tell me how you like this little kit.
Thanks.
Kevin

With time the cherry will darken to a beautiful deep gold. I think she will love this for a long time.

You can never go wrong with Cherry. It is a beautiful wood and is simply a beautiful local hardwood that comes in many colors, burls and the like. Nice job on this pen.

sbwertz

Thanks.
Kevin

If you use picasa, you can retouch out the line fairly simply. This fix took 3 clicks of the mouse with picasa's retouch tool

Attachments

• mini pen 089.jpg
    mini pen 089.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 121

Rick_G

That's the size of pen I think my wife would like for her purse, although with her purse once it goes in there it may be lost forever. Give the cherry a year or so and it will look great. A piece of crotch wood can give you some grain patterns almost as nice as burl sometimes.

booney0717

Well i delieved it to Mary last night. I guess just because i dont realy like does'nt mean it wont go over well for others there were about 20 there last night and everyone realy liked it. Got orders for 2 more pens and alot of intrest in my craft. Lesson learned. Thanks for your imput.

Top Bottom