Marlas feathers kitless aluminum

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I had another feather blank made by Marla, sold at Indy-Pen-Dance. I thought I'd put a little extra aluminum piece on the end of the body and, make it bright. There are actually two pieces. One would have been just too easy. Used the 12mm triple start on the cap. The clip is Nickel Tear Drop from Elliot Landes and, is a Mont Blanc style. These blanks turn and polish very nicely. The blank has a tube for a Zen kit in it. Having lots of fun with this metal lathe. My thanks to Marla, Mike and Linda. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_0992.JPG
    IMG_0992.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_0993.JPG
    IMG_0993.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_0994.JPG
    IMG_0994.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_0995.JPG
    IMG_0995.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 240
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
That is a great looking pen Chuck, it is great to see what can be done with a little imagination and the right tools : )

Bruce
Thank you Bruce. I'm afraid imagination is a bit of a weak point for me but, getting better.

wooooooooooooooooooooooow! very VERY nice!!!Great feathers by Marla, and nice kitless!
Thanks Seamus. Marla sure is talented with these feather blanks.

Chuck, that's a fabulous pen. I really like the look with the feathers.
Thanks Rich. I wanted to do something a little different with this one.

Chuck,
Great looking pen. I like the feathers and the Al look.
Thanks Cris. Not a front page notible but, with the help from Marla, it's decent.:biggrin:

Chuck if you are flexible enough, give yourself a pat on the back.
Thanks Pete. I think I have an extra hand around here somewhere. :biggrin:

That looks awesome.
Thanks Derek. Glad you approve.

IPD_Mr

Chuck that really looks great. Now you need to learn how to anodize your aluminum to give you even more varience. Oh and when are you gonna start making your own clips? If you get to that point the only thing you will need to buy is a refill and spring. But wait, I bet you could learn to coil your own springs too.

I had better watch it. I am either getting myself in trouble or you in trouble. :biggrin:

Mapster

Spectacular... For those who aren't in the area, these pens are even better in person. Great pen Chuck, love the aluminum extension. Keep up the good work, you are getting pretty good these days!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chuck that really looks great. Now you need to learn how to anodize your aluminum to give you even more varience. Oh and when are you gonna start making your own clips? If you get to that point the only thing you will need to buy is a refill and spring. But wait, I bet you could learn to coil your own springs too.

I had better watch it. I am either getting myself in trouble or you in trouble. :biggrin:
Thanks Mike. Hang around here for a couple of weeks and, you'll see some of this anodizing you speek of.:wink: As for making my own clips.....haven't gotten THAT far YET but, I am thinking. SPRINGS??:confused: Not until I've used up ALL of Susannes kitchen sponge :biggrin:

Spectacular... For those who aren't in the area, these pens are even better in person. Great pen Chuck, love the aluminum extension. Keep up the good work, you are getting pretty good these days!
Thank you for the kind words Marshall. We're getting real close to our top secret weapon developement.:wink::biggrin:

Mapster

Yep, a few more supplies and we will have the beast breathing some acid... It is mainly a matter of getting together and just buying some stuff, otherwise we won't get it done. Can't wait to try

hewunch

I have a pen that Chuck anodized. Not kitless, but very cool none the less.:biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

I have a pen that Chuck anodized. Not kitless, but very cool none the less.:biggrin:
Thanks Hans. You are close....the pen you have was powder coated and, wet sanded.:wink:

hewunch

Thanks Hans. You are close....the pen you have was powder coated and, wet sanded.:wink:

Dually Noted. :cool: still cool regardless. :biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

Another awesome pen Chuck( and Marla ). Her blanks look great with the aluminum.
Thanks Mark. I'm afraid I'll have to agree with you on this one.

Dually Noted. :cool: still cool regardless. :biggrin:
I'm sure I neglected to inform you of this detail when I sent the pen to you. I'm really glad you liked it.:biggrin:

Top Bottom