Marksman Eagle FP -- Black Rose Lucite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mack C.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
attachment.php

As in the title! The Black Rose Lucite is very difficult to photograph. I had to tweak the pic in PSE 3 to get the red in the black to show off.

It's not showing off as much as I would like! Kindly feel free to provide any hints or comments you consider appropriate.

Attachments

• 648 (Small).jpg
    648 (Small).jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 425
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Beautiful pen Mack. I imagine it probably is hard to photograph..almost looks like ebonite on my monitor..nevertheless gorgeous pen. Doc

SteveG

Very nice work Mack. I have used this blank for a pen with no reverse painting. I was hoping to see more of the red tone, but red was very muted. Did you paint this one?

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Very nice work Mack. I have used this blank for a pen with no reverse painting. I was hoping to see more of the red tone, but red was very muted.
Did you paint this one?
Hi Steve; Rather than paint the tubes, I used Brass Black, a combination of Selenious and Phosphoric Acid; a metal finish that is used to blacken or antique brass, copper, or Bronze.

In my opinion, that is easier than painting the tubes black, then putting up with extra thickness of the acrylic paint.

BSea

That is really nice. I'm with Seamus. I've yet to see a Marksman I didn't like. I really like the longer area on the lower barrel to show off the blank.

Top Bottom