Marksman battle ready in damascus armor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jjartwood

Jjartwood

Love these Marksman pens in Damascus,Built these two for an upcoming show
This is some pretty nice billet and the photos due it no justice ( too lazy to pull out the photo tent for two pens) these are the first full damascus jacket pens that I've made and I kind of like them

Mark

Attachments

• IMG_0677.jpg
    IMG_0677.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_0679.jpg
    IMG_0679.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0680.jpg
    IMG_0680.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0682.jpg
    IMG_0682.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 266
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Katya

Like these very much! Is the damascus the M3 material, or the real damascus that can be purchased ready-turned? I'm about to make my first Marksman. Any suggestions? Did you make your own finial?

Jjartwood

The Damascus is billet from Alabama Damascus,Lacy Smith from Smith Knives did the
hammering, he beat the stuff till it cried and than beat it more.
Then I cried,it kept breaking drills and I had to pay for special reamers!
The kit is a marksman out of the box,other than stretching the body occasionally I've never felt the need to modify the components.
I've always liked the looks.
I also am fairly new at this pen thing so... any advice I would have would be pretty
novice, but I would say 1:turn slow 2:use sharp tools 3:pointy side down
Thanks for looking
Mark

by turn slow I mean take your time,I turn at a speed thats as fast as the monkey can crank

Last edited:

Robert111

The Damascus is billet from Alabama Damascus,Lacy Smith from Smith Knives did the
Then I cried,it kept breaking drills and I had to pay for special reamers!
The kit is a marksman out of the box,other than stretching the body occasionally I've never felt the need to modify the components.
I've always liked the looks.
I also am fairly new at this pen thing so... any advice I would have would be pretty
novice, but I would say 1:turn slow 2:use sharp tools 3:pointy side down
Thanks for looking
Mark

by turn slow I mean take your time,I turn at a speed thats as fast as the monkey can crank

WOW, Mark! :good:That is impressive. These pens are super nice. I would imagine they can command a pretty decent price. The owner will have something beautiful and unique. The Marksman components are a perfect choice. Excellent accomplishment!:highfive:

thewishman

I have been searching for Damascus and had looked at Alabama Damascus online, but only saw knife size billets. Sounds like you had someone combine the thin ones into a thicker one. I had not thought of that...

There is a historic site with a blacksmith about 50 miles away, maybe I'll see if he could do that kind of work.

Love the pens, even the one in your junk drawer.:biggrin:

Top Bottom