Marketing Aspect

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jgrden

Jgrden

Will this attract a three hundred dollar customer? Ebony with piano ivory segment. Vertex. Guitar case.

Pens - 5-13-12 #91 Guitar Case with Ebony and Piano Ivory 3.jpg

Pens - 5-13-12 #91 Guitar Case with Ebony and Piano Ivory 2.jpg

Pens - 5-13-12 #91 Guitar Case with Ebony and Piano Ivory 1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buzzzz4

I'm sorry to say IMHO it would not attract it from my perspective. Knowing the issues click pens have shown, I would not feel comfortable putting that kind of a price tag on it. Also, the plating appears to be a brushed satin plating, which would also not bring in the high dollar price tag. For $300, I would think a good rollerball or fountain pen may be the direction I would head. From a marketing aspect, the vertex doesn't look right with the case. Please don't take these thoughts personally, I just wanted to give some of the thoughts I had when I looked at this pen and case.

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I'd have a real hard time suggesting $300 for any ballpoint!! Especially a single-body version.
(Jr Gent, Atrax, Triton and other two part ballpoints would have fighting chance.)

I LIKE that pen case, but it is still a novelty item, not a high end package (IMO).

The case goes well with some of Ken's "gun" laser cuts. That would be more the market I would "shoot" for.

Remember, this is only MY opinion. If you believe in your product, you CAN sell it!!!

dexter0606

I have to agree with Ed and Eric. The kit doesn't have that expensive look. And I'm lost on the connection between the case and the pen. Just doesn't fit

LL Woodworks

I tend to agree with Jeff - the Vertex style pen is of a different genre that the violin case - a misfit between the two. But hey if you can sell it - great for you!

corian king

John! I like the pen.But don't feel I have the right to place or suggest a selling price.I
feel that is up to the maker.If you think it's a 300.00 pen then try and sell it for that.
There is someone out there that will agree with you.I do however agree that the box isn't right for that pen.Great Job!!!

Top Bottom