MardiGras Alligator

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from firewhatfire

firewhatfire

I just finished a pen that someone ordered from my first show. It is an amazing blank that was given to me by a friend. Had I known ow amazing it would turn out I might not have had it out for customers to see at the show. It is an Alligator Jaw pen blank in what was told to me was MardiGras colors. I turned a bead for the wife of the gentleman that ordered it(per her request). The camera does not show all of the amazing color in the blank. Comments and Critiques are always welcome.
GatorPen018.jpg

GatorPen014.jpg

GatorPen020.jpg

GatorPen015.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

Great pen Phil. Now I've heard stories of what people will do for just plain old plastic beads. Dare I ask what they will do for Alligator jawbone beads?:eek::rolleyes:

Brooks803

I think your customer will be overjoyed with this one Phil. I bet the colors are better in person, but they're damn nice on my screen! Well done. I wouldn't be surprised if this generates some more orders for you.

firewhatfire

Customer called and loved the photos I sent. My wife will deliver it tomorrow. And I do hope it leads to a large number of sales. He is a architect and retirement home developer. So maybe.

firewhatfire

THe bead was relatively easy. I chucked it up and drilled a 1/8 hole though it. Then I rounded off that edge and polished it and flipped it arournd and rechucked it and rounded and finished other edge. Thants where I went unconventional. I took a block of wood acnd chucked it, squared it up and and markked center. Took a small screw and went through 1/8 in hole into the wood so the center of bead could be polished.

There is probably an easier way, Thats just what I figured out after being asked could it be made into something for her.

Beautiful pen!!

Tell us how you made the bead!! My wife is asking!! :)

Top Bottom