Mardi Gras Mini

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Here's my most recent commissioned piece. They asked for a mini FP using lime green and purple. So I worked my magic with some alumilite and a couple hours later....

DSC03632 (596x700).jpg DSC03633 (553x700).jpg DSC03634 (578x700).jpg DSC03636 (550x700).jpg DSC03637 (700x375).jpg DSC03639 (700x450).jpg

The nib is a Bock #5 - Medium and the clip came from a long click. 12mm Triple start threads for the cap/body and 9mm for the body/section threads.

Instead of making a new thread for 1 more pen I'll add it here. I've been working on and off on this for about a month. I would do some work here and there between projects. The blank is a leftover from a custom order for another pen maker. Also made with Alumilite.

DSC03601 (682x700).jpg DSC03602 (519x700).jpg

Thanks for looking!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

I clicked the LIKE button, but only because they don't have an "I LOVE IT" button. I cant choose which one I like best. Great work Jonathan!

jyreene

Awesome look. The subtle greens really make the rest of the purple pop. Nice form too.

Glad you finally finished the second pen. I was having a hard time not borrowing it on a mostly permanent basis.

LL Woodworks

Great Job Jonathon, I love the blank on the 2nd one and I'm sure the customer will love the purple and lime of the 1st. The 2nd looks shorter than the 1st, how much shorter is it?

Again Great Job

hard hat

both are magnificent! I really like the second one, the way the colors swirl reminds me of a picasso painting.

Brooks803

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Amazing as always! Do you find the Alumilite easier to work with than PR?

Yes and no. I love how fast it is to work with alumilite. The downside is that it's harder to get my style swirls/depth in it. They might both be clear resins, but they're so different. Looking through clear PR is like looking through glass where looking through clear Alumilite is like looking through a clear piece of rubber. Both clear, but VERY different. It took me a while to figure out how to get the same look from both.

Awesome look. The subtle greens really make the rest of the purple pop. Nice form too.

Glad you finally finished the second pen. I was having a hard time not borrowing it on a mostly permanent basis.

lol...I've got an extra blank of that. Get it next time you're over and make something for yourself.

Great Job Jonathon, I love the blank on the 2nd one and I'm sure the customer will love the purple and lime of the 1st. The 2nd looks shorter than the 1st, how much shorter is it?

Again Great Job

Thanks Lynn. I'm sure the customer will love it to. There's about 3/8" difference in length between the two.

Really like the green and purple. Is the purple translucent? Did you paint the inside?

Thanks Ron. No reverse painting at all. The purple is a bit translucent, but you can't see through it. If I made it with PR yeah you'd have to reverse paint.

Two very nice pens! I really want to learn how you make those pens! I just need more time in my day! Evan

Thanks Evan. Come on over! I'm probably 20mins away and always available.

Top Bottom