Marblewood cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rick_G

Rick_G

Not sure what marblewood is but it made a nice looking pen. The blank was sent to me by Mack in Brooklyn. Black titanium cigar.

Attachments

• DCP_0079.jpg
    DCP_0079.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 333
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Darrin

Marblewood is a nice exotic. I make lots of plugs out of it and you sure made a fine looking pen with a great finish!!! Great work!!!

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Hey, that wood looks familiar :tongue:

Looks good.. I like marblewood on a pen that has room to show it off.
Did Mack show you the marblewood bowl? Done from a piece of
flat stock, no less!

sbell111

Marblewood mnakes a good looking pen, but it reaks like an overflowing septic tank in august. It's one of the rare woods that Cathy has banished from our shop.

broitblat

Great looking pen.

I don't know if there are more than one wood that go by the name "marblewood", but that looks a lot more interesting than the stuff I've had. Of course, I'm sure a lot of the reason is the talent of the pen maker.

-Barry

Rick_G

Great looking pen.

I don't know if there are more than one wood that go by the name "marblewood", but that looks a lot more interesting than the stuff I've had. Of course, I'm sure a lot of the reason is the talent of the pen maker.

-Barry

According to Simomatra there are. This is also cross cut which will give it a totally different look.

Marble wood is an endangered species here in Australia but I think yours is http://www.amazonexotichardwoods.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=TB-M

Here's a link to the Aussies one http://www.threatenedspecies.enviro...rofile_data.aspx?id=10004&cma=Northern+Rivers

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hey, that wood looks familiar
Hi Charles; It should, it's one of the last pieces I have of yours. My thanks to you! I only wish you would ask for something in return, within reason of course!:)You really wouldn't want my 1st born, or my 2nd, or my 3rd,........for that matter!

I was all set to use it straight cut, but the X-cut really does it justice.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I have more if you want it, and yes.. the X-cut really looks great!
Hi Charles; I would be more than pleased to get some more. I'll pm my address to you.

attachment.jpg

This is the last piece I had. Unfortunately for me, fortunately for one lucky guy (who must remain nameless for the time being), this pen is on it's way to him as a pen swap.

Attachments

• 238 004.jpg
    238 004.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 91
Top Bottom