Mappa Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Hubert H

Hubert H

I have a strong preference for darker wood. Having said that this may be one of the nicest wood blanks I have ever done. I was going to enter it in the pretty wood pen contest but it is impossible to get a picture that really shows how it looks. What do you folks think of Mappa Burl. This was my second pen - new wood to me.

Attachments

• IAP-Mappa-Burl.jpg
    IAP-Mappa-Burl.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 313
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Beautiful pen Hubert!

Yes, being able to take good/excellent pictures is an issue with online contests.

Great turning, great blank, great finish, inadequate camera or/and editing skills... Poor contest results. :frown:

However... I discern a great pen from the photo submitted!!!

Well done, and keep posting!

Cheers, Mark

OZturner

Very Attractive Pen, Hubert.
Glorious Blank, I have no experience or exposure to Mappa Burl, but it is Very Spectacular.
It looks like it has Chatoyance giving the changing appearance, and Playing with the Light.
Excellent Fit and Finish, though the Clip and and Nose Hardware, has some Marks on them. These may come off with a soft cloth.
Congratulations.
Brian.

Hubert H

Brian,

It is the chatoyance giving the changing appearance as it turned in the light that you can't see in a photo. I was told that it would not make any difference how good the camera is you can't show chatoyance in a still photo. I have had a number of wood blanks that had nice chatoyance but I think this blank has the most of any pen I have done. Thanks to all for comments.

Top Bottom